1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally accepting my sexuality... maybe

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Atala, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Atala

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

I'm Atala, and I'm a woman that likes women.

And I'm so not finding this easy. I'm still internally fighting it and I have no idea where to go for support. I feel a bit lost. I just graduated from university, where I dipped my toe into the LBGT society but then shied away again because of the clubbing and the alcohol. I have no LGBT groups around where I live now. I come from a very conservative background and now work in Education, so just before I graduated I had a few weeks of being happily out before I crawled right back into my closet.

I feel so isolated, I hate my cowardice, I feel like I'm lying to everyone, and I worry that given that I can't even meet other gay friends, I will never meet anyone that I can have a relationship with. In my day-to-day life, I have lots of friends. I just wish I could meet someone like me, though!

I really hope that this forum will help me to kill off these negative feelings about my sexuality. I want to be able to see the good in it too! Can you help me do that, nice EC people?

2. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there Atala! ^^ Welcome to the forum, new here myself! I'm Neko, nice to meet you!

Just wanted to say I totally know how you feel, I'm dealing with similar issues in my little slice of the South Western US. I live in a less than progressive state and trying to find a support group around here is... not really happening so far for me :/

So I pretty much had the same idea as you! I hope you find what you're looking for here, and more so that you find happiness for yourself!

Lots of love!

Neko~

3. lovely lesbian

4. Nero the Sable

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey! Welcome to EC! Sorry if I'm not much of a welcoming committee, but I'm in the process of trying to be more active on this site, and, yeah...

... Hi... *hides*

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile: