1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ummm... Not sure what to do

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by RunningRampant, Sep 6, 2014.

1. RunningRampant

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, everyone. So I am brand new, and have never even been a part of a forum site before so have no idea how it works. :icon_sad:

Anyway I guess I'll introduce myself, sort of. I identify as bisexual, yet have never been in a relationship with another man. Also every relationship I've had with a woman, I've taken really slow. So slow I didn't even have my first kiss until this past May, and we had been dating over a year. Right now I'm looking for a relationship with another man, but not sure how to go about doing so.

Anyways, thanks for listening, hope to talk to some of you. :thumbsup: :smilewave

2. AsheTheHuman

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here! Forums are pretty simple, so you should catch on quick! If you don't though, then feel free to ask!

3. LadyLavender

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome :icon_bigg

4. Randomcloud

Hey! :slight_smile: I'm new too and I can say it's a really friendly environment, you'll enjoy it hopefully. And don't worry, a lot of us are in the same boat as you

5. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome! Slow and steady wins the race.

As for using the forum, it's kind of straightforward. It's best to first browse a lot and start posting in other threads if you feel comfortable. There are even anonymous areas where you can ask things that seem too personal. Learning from others experiences helps you to compare and contrast your own situation.

Next, you'll probably want some individual advice, so try going to the specific subforum and making a new thread there. The tricks to getting replies are a descriptive title, writing clearly with paragraphs and explaining background info (don't assume others know what you're referring to or have even read your other posts), and asking clear questions on what you want help on.

At first, things may seem frustrating because it takes a while for replies to trickle in (there will always be more "views" than replies), but eventually you will begin to have a discussion. Also, it's important to realize that the written word leaves out a lot of subtext, so sometimes people may be joking or seem too serious/harsh when they don't mean to. Luckily, EC is pretty good about controlling trolls or other rude people.

8. Hexagon

Welcome to EC