1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very new to this.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Sephy, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Sephy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I've always known that I've been attracted to women, but it never really dawned on me that it had anything to do with my sexual orientation. It wasn't until recently that it hit me that there was a reason that every male I'd ever dated didn't appeal to me for much more than conversation, and having someone to be busy with.

I've never been bothered by the idea of being a lesbian. In fact, it was made to be quite normal to me when I was around twelve years old when I found out that my childhood friend had come out to her mother as one.

Now I'm finding myself crying over it a great deal though, and I'm feeling very isolated. The community I live in is a small, christian, rural one so looking for help here is impossible. My college has a gay straight alliance, but I'm afraid that I wont have the time, or the money to make the trips to campus to attend them. You also have to call the heads of the club in order to even find out where meetings are.

:help: I don't even know where to begin.

2. Vampire

Hello and welcome, Sephy! I hope you'll enjoy your time on here and that I'll see you around. :slight_smile:

Lots of love,
    Andy

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with things and crying a lot. I hope you will find Empty Closets a safe place to share some of the feelings. If you feel isolated, being here will help you feel more connected.

Could you maybe ring the heads of the club to explain where you are with your sexuality and the difficult circumstances? I would expect them to be sympathetic and try to help you out, if they can.

4. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome! Online support like EC is very useful, but you shouldn't give up hope for in-person help. Contact the heads of the GSA club to see what other support you can get, preferably one-on-one like a mentor program or just short meetings during times you're most free. Also check your regional/local LGBT groups for advice. Remember, it costs nothing to just ask.

7. Hexagon

Welcome to EC