1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another newbie here, hello!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Candide, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Candide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello everyone,

I'll try not to make this post too rambling!

I was very happy to read, as a guest, some posts from maturer people who have recently discovered their sexuality. In this day and age everyone is forced into sex/sexuality quite quickly, which is why I initially felt a bit silly in my recent realisation at age 27.
    I've had a chronic illness for 10 years now, and sex and attraction has been the last thing on my mind. I first became ill at 17, and my experience with sex was trying to avoid it. I had boyfriends and I never allowed them to do anything with me - I hated being touched. I didn't feel attracted to them at all (although from afar I had thought they were aesthetically attractive) and I tried to avoid any intimacy. Going from this into illness I thought I was asexual - men had been my only experience of sexuality. I never even considered any other option. I was both "young" and "asexual", those were my excuses.

A short while ago a friend of mine asked me what my sexuality was and, as I'm not a girly girl, if I wanted to change my gender. I said I was happy with my gender but even I wasn't convinced when I said asexual. He asked me if I'd ever be with a woman, and I said that the idea doesn't put me off.
    I realised my own words! I doesn't put me off. I run from men, but women don't put me off. I finally allowed myself to consider that possibility, and to look at women in a different way. So many different feelings came upon me, I couldn't believe it.
    My illness had put everything on hold in terms of exploring my own sexuality, but if I was honest the answer had been there a long time. I finally saw why I always felt at odds with so many things.

Only a couple of friends know so far because everything is so recent, within the last two months, and I need to consider things further. But I think I've finally realised who, and what, I am. I look forward to talking to you all on the forum, and thank you for allowing me to ramble..

Kate x

#1 Candide, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  2. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

3. Hexagon

Welcome to EC

4. Candide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you both for the welcome! I've spotted another instance of me missing out a letter, I was obviously too eager to post..
    Candace, your signature made me laugh out loud!

5. Blossom85

Hi there and welcome to EC.. I hope you have fun and enjoy yourself here.. :slight_smile:

6. black-cat

I have been chronically ill for almost 6 years now, housebound for most of that and wheelchair bound for even more- I understand that feeling! I am sorry to hear that you are a fellow spoonie (I do hope you get that reference or I am going to come across even more mad than I am)

Everyone rambles here, you will fit in fine! I am sure you will get the support and advice here that you need. Feel free to message me, and I hope you are as well as possible. Tia x

7. Candide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you both! :slight_smile:

Oh Tia, I am indeed a spoonie, and I get the reference! I was diagnosed with CFS/ME ten years ago this November. I'm so sorry you've been through so much, you must have been so young when your illness struck. Thank you, you can message me anytime too. It's very difficult to find out about oneself when it's difficult to meet new people! I hope you're as well as possible today.

Kate x

8. kimsen

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome Kate and you are in the right place

9. AsheTheHuman

(*hug*)Welcome! Hopefully we can be of some help! <3

10. Candide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you both very much - it definitely seems like the right place to be :slight_smile:

Kate x

11. Rosemary

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Kate,
    I am also in my late 20's, and until recently, the idea of being with a woman never seemed to be an option. So welcome, and I hope we both figure somethings out for ourselves.
    -R

12. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  13. Candide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for the further welcomes! Rosemary, it's a relief to know that one isn't alone in that. I'm sure this place will be a help for both of us :slight_smile:

Kate x

14. lovely lesbian

15. Candide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ooh another Uk-er, hello! :slight_smile: