1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Tarina, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Tarina

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello everyone. I decided I ought to write a proper introduction before I really get started here.
    I'm 17, almost 18 (woohoo) years old. I've been quite certain of my sexual orientation since I was very young, though I didn't know how to explain it to anyone since I didn't know about many of the existing identities.
    Around age 12 though, I heard the word bisexual and it seemed to make sense at the time so that was what I went with. I came out to the entirely wrong group of friends at a very bad time, so that wasn't a very nice time for me. My closest friends were quite accepting of me so it was okay. My parents and some close relatives know and are accepting.
    I've played around with a ridiculous amount of words to describe my orientation and I'm still questioning. (pansexual, lesbian, pan again, demisexual, and now I'm rather torn between calling myself a lesbian or polysexual.)
    I've always known I like girls. I don't think I would have a problem being with a non-binary person. Guys are just, meh, I don't really, care for guys tbh. Sorry gents!

Anyway, as you can see, I've been quite confident with my orientation. I never thought I'd have to deal with any insecurity. But things have unfortunately changed a bit. I befriended a group of people about ten months ago, and quite a few of them turned out to be quite homophobic. Now I used to think that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks but it turned out that facing actual hatred made me more scared than I can describe.
    I find this hard to talk about to friends and family as most of them are straight and know me as this perfectly confident person. I don't want them to think I'm looking for attention by being scared of coming out all of a sudden.
    I never used to think this way and these setbacks scare me. I want to be out and proud but it is hard without support from people who understand. That is why I decided to come here, to meet people who know what I am going through and maybe to help others along the way.

I hope I get to know some of you soon! :smilewave

2. Anonymous777

Anonymous777 Guest

Even though you've been struggling with labels, you seem to be sure of your orientation now: you are attracted to girls but not to boys, so you're lesbian. That's OK.

I have never come out to any of my friends or relatives, so I can't give you much advice. But I understand it's a hard process.

All I can do is to offer you my support and my friendship.

Good luck and welcome!! :slight_smile:

3. AsheTheHuman

Nice to meet you, and welcome to EC! (*hug*) I hope we can help you be comfortable with your sexuality again, because it's NOTHING to be ashamed of! Good luck! <3

4. Blossom85

Welcome and Hi, I hope you find the support you need her and Ashe is right.. Your sexuality is nothing to be ashamed of.

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

7. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome to EC! (*hug*)

8. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello friend and welcome to EC. Have fun!