1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for advise

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Househunter, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Househunter

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hello, I am new here. I would like to introduce myself, I am a married lady who is married to a transgender m2f. I have been married for 20 years, and found out about her being a transgender after our fifth year of marriage. We were very good friends for over a year and a half when we decided to wed. I had no idea. I have decided to stay in the relationship because we are still very good friends, but I am straight and the thought of having a romantic relationship with another woman just wasn't in me. I have noticed lately that my spouse is getting aggressive with me.
    We are spending more time apart doing our own thing. I'm lost now. It feels like I'm a piece of tape stuck to a cats paw. I'm wondering if I should just throw in the towel and move on? We live in a very small town and the talk is that I'm gay, or she's crazy. It's just talk, I tell myself, but it hurts and I wish I could make them understand,
    We are all different and we should except things we don't always understand.
    I have gone through all the steps of the transition all the doctor appointments, everything for the last 15 years with her. I just wonder where I fit in with this new person. She is trying to get the SRS surgery now and it will be compleat. For her it will be her new self but for me I'm just 15 years older and worn out. What do I do now? Do I search for a new place on my own, or do I just wait for her to want to start dating? I truly need some advise.

2. lovely lesbian

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome to Empty Closets.

It sounds like you have been amazingly supportive over the past 15 years. I'm sure, at times, it's taken a toll on your own well-being and the snide and gossipy comments from other townsfolk can't help either.

Have the two of you had a conversation about the state of your marriage? Is there anything happening that needs to be discussed and more importantly do you feel as though you still have the energy for it?

If you would like to re-post your original message on the Family, friends and relationships part of the forum you may get the insight of other members too.

Welcome, once again :slight_smile:

4. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome to EC. I agree with Linco, you've been very supportive. I think you could also post your message in Gender Identity and Expression (or in Family, Friends, and Relationships like Linco said)

Cheers~

5. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

6. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to Empty Closets. I hope you enjoy your time on the site! :slight_smile: :grin: :icon_bigg :smilewave :eusa_danc (*hug*)

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. Hexagon

Welcome to EC