1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nervous But Hopeful

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Timeforlife, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Timeforlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello all,

This is my first pseudonymous posting anywhere about my sexuality, so I'm a bit nervous. I found this site because I was looking for some advice on coming out. A little bit about me:

I'm a 27 year-old male, and have "known" I was bisexual since puberty, but really only acknowledged it to myself in college about 6 or 7 years ago. The first friend I came out to is a great guy, but didn't really know how to help and ended up confusing me even more. In the years since then, I've manage to finally acknowledge and accept who I am and my sexual orientation. I've lived with my self-acceptance struggle totally on my own, and now I slightly regret not getting outside help (even from an online forum) earlier, but the past is the past.

I'm only out to 4 people - three great friends and my brother, but I've decided that it's time to tell my parents, which I plan on doing in about a month during vacation. I'm struggling with how to tell them and what to do after that, including coming out to friends and other family, like my homophobic grandfather.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to advice and conversations, as well as being part of this online community. Great to be here!

2. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

3. Munyal

Hey, and welcome!

4. Blossom85

Hi there and welcome to EC.. You don't have any reason to be nervous here, it is a very supportive place to be, I hope you find some fulfillment and clarity being here.

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people