1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get over a crush

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by iHeartYouu, Sep 13, 2014.

1. iHeartYouu

I have a crush on a girl of my age and in my class. We're both 15 and our school is an ALL girls school. We play fights (flirt i guess) almost everyday and always leaves me hanging. She always do couple actions with me like putting her arm through mine, lean on my shoulder, give me a back hug. But when she found out I like her she avoided me :frowning2: its really sucks. I dont know if she's straight or les, but I know she watches gay youtubers and she retweets a lesbian couple or gay marriages image sometimes. I know she won't like me and I tried to let go of this crush. But the more contacts I had with her will leave me more hurt on myself. What can I do? Or any advices?

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Distance distance distance and time. The only true way to get over a crush is to distance yourself, and make sure the other person knows why.

3. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

Don't talk to this person. Try to find someone else to take your mind off of them!

4. Peter Pansexual

just be yourself, admit it and you will get over it.

---------- Post added 13th Sep 2014 at 01:29 PM ----------

also try and find someone else who likes you back.

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. iHeartYouu

I tried avoiding her, but when she come close to me it seems impossible. I just want to have more contacts with her. Plus we are in the same class which makes it worse

7. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome! :icon_bigg

Just try to not see her as much as possible and see how it works out.

8. iHeartYouu

Hey thanks :slight_smile: I tried that before but its not working and it sucks alot though.

9. Blossom85

Hey there..

I think perhaps it might be an idea to clear the air.. Talk to her, even if it's subtly bringing up LGBT issues or just mention you feel a little confused by how she is with you.. She might be feeling awkward and unsure as well.. She might be straight.. Might not be.. Or could be bi.. But if you feel you can't keep avoiding her.. The next best thing might be to confront the situation head on and have a talk to her about it.. It is completely up to you, but it could see some of the tension leave you.. I know it might be hard, but I think it is sometimes better knowing for sure if she feels something or don't.. If she does.. Then you never know what might happen.. If she doesn't.. Then it might give you the confidence to spend time away from her and be able to move on from her and your crush might then go away.. If you don't do anything.. You will never know what the outcome might be.. Do you wanna look back in 5-10 years time wondering what might have been or what could have happened or having regrets?

10. iHeartYouu

damn, you got me thinking. I just fear that if I talk to her, it might get awkward and there are also some lessons where I get to sit beside her, which is even more awkward. I dont know what she might do or say, or even get disgusted of me. I also dont know how am I suppose to approach her, so maybe I just want to forget about my feelings for her and just be friends, but its really diffucult

11. Blossom85

I know it's a hard and difficult thought that someone you like won't like you back or worse will be disgusted by who you are.. But really.. If she doesn't accept you as you are.. Then she is not worth being in your life and not worth worrying about.. If she likes you even just as a friend.. Then she should accept you for who you are.. It could be awkward to speak about it, but really.. Could it be any worse then you are feeling now? At least it will all be out in the open and you can then know better about where to go from there. It is the unknown a lot of the times that is the scary part.. Once we know, wether it is good news or bad news.. We can then learn to deal with, accept it and move on.. I am glad I got you thinking there, it is always good to think about it from different perspectives and from different ways.. Just think on it and decide yourself what you wanna do and what way you wanna go..

12. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This is a good question. Anyhow to get over a crush just stop thinking about them, stop stalking them on facebook and when you see them on public places just completely ignore them. Make yourself busy and happy at the same time that you'll forgot about these things and that make a gap between you and her. Make yourself clear that your relationship with her is just friends and nothing else. You'll gonna break your heart if you continue your feelings to her.