1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help and advice

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by PurplePenguin, Sep 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey everyone,
    I just need someone to talk to about what I should do. I came out as lesbian to my parents but things didn't really go as planned. They just told me that I wasn't gay and that it was just a "phase." They pretty much just pushed me back into the closet after it took so much for me to come out to them. I'm not really sure how to proceed on this issue because I really don't want to be disowned.

2. Carlgustav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your profile doesn't show your age, which would be relevant to any advice I might give. Your library and the internet have much information and advice about coming out and may give you insight on dealing with the parents. However, I believe that your parents will take some time to digest what you have told them. Don't be confrontational. Now that you have planted that seed in their minds, they may come to believe you as time passes. I feel that this is more likely to happen if you can avoid emotional scenes. It may be that they will never accept this as real, in which case you have to do whatever is best for your own self. I wish you the best in this diffcult situation.

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. wolf of fire

Hello and welcome to EC, feel free to message me if you need help with anything or want to chat. My advice would be little reminders for your parents I.E. "that girl looks so nice" or "two months and still gay"

5. Hexagon

Welcome to EC

6. Candide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Welcome! They may need a while to come to terms with things, and as the years pass, and you're - surprise! - still gay, then they will see that it's not just a phase.
    As far as the short term is concerned, just be the person you want to be. You're not in the closet as you have told them, whether they chose to believe you or not, and you can come out to others if you wish to. Be free, and be out! :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.