1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by 5hane, Sep 17, 2014.

1. 5hane

5hane Guest

Hello. I'm new here, not really sure what i'm looking for on this site. Lately it's really hit me that a lot of my friends are settling down in relationships, moving in together, having kids etc while I'm just plodding along like I always have done. Over the years people have had their suspicions that I might be gay but I've always laughed it off, and there was a point when it popped up in convo frequently on nights out that I was - and I started to not really respond or do anything other than laugh (realising that they were right). I have been thinking about it more and more lately and trying to think when i should come out - I know I am gay so am ready in that respect, I'm certain my family would be fine with it, and the majority of my friends would be - Im just so worried about how my life would change and how much of a surprise it will come to people, and what if some people dont accept it. I really want to start meeting guys and to one day have a relationship, but I cant see it happening at the moment due to my closeted status. Where i live its so close nit, that if i did go to meet a guy from a dating app Im so paranoid I'd get seen. I've realised I really need to get my act together so I can start to live my life as me!

Anyway, would love to get some advice and your stories about how you overcome your fears of coming out. Thanks :slight_smile:

2. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome! I am in a similar situation, I can totally get the feeling of you're late when everyone else seems to be getting married or in LTRs. You are really lucky to have a broad support system. Your anxiety is likely blowing things out of proportion. Try first coming out to those you really trust and who have shown support. Many people first tell their friends.

4. Blossom85

Hi and Welcome to EC.. I am sure this site will help you and give you the support you need.

5. Abdadhie

Hey, welcome to EC. I have a complicated sexuality and EC has helped me no end! I'm pretty sure that you will benefit from joining to no end!

6. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome to EC! (*hug*)

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC :wave:

8. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Hey and welcome to EC I hope you enjoy your time here and that you're able to make new friends who will both advise and support you in your efforts to come to terms with your sexuality. I hope that you are able to take something from coming here to EC but that after you feel you've got what you need that you stay and help other new members :slight_smile:

Best of luck :slight_smile:

9. Hexagon

Welcome to EC

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people