1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from the new guy

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by ERA, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ERA

ERA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been out as bisexual to close friends for about a decade, but many of them (and really, I do to) treat it like a dirty little secret that doesn't get talked about. What nobody in my offline life knows is that I'm an androgyne/demiguy. I'd say that I feel more like a male than a female, but I definitely don't feel like I'm not female. And online in situations where my biological sex isn't revealed, people tend to assume I'm a woman. Even in situations where it is none, I've gotten comments about "acting like a girl"

Anyway, I thought this forum would be a great place to meet people going through similar stuff as me.

2. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

3. Blossom85

Hi there and welcome to EC, I think this is just the right place for you.. I hope you will find it as supportive as I have.

4. LittleDrifter

Hi! I'm also new here. (*hug*)

It's unfortunate that many make a bisexual orientation into a secret. It's radically different from the gay/straight orientations and a beauty in itself.

As I'm sure you know, many also assume that if you aren't one of the gender binary, then you must be the other (hence the "acting like X"). A gender continuum is much more elegant than a binary. You rock that androgyne/demiguy identity!:icon_bigg

Anyway, welcome to EC!

5. ERA

ERA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One of the hardest parts for me about telling people that I'm bisexual is that they assume I can't be monogamous. I once told a girlfriend and she dumped me because she decided that it meant that I would eventually cheat on her.

6. Hexagon

Welcome to EC

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. LittleDrifter

I know this thread is getting a bit old, but I wanted to address this.

I hate how people assume bisexual = cheating. I really don't get that. That's like assuming a straight guy will cheat because there are other straight women in the world. Just because one finds men, women and possibly other gender expressions attractive doesn't mean that everyone is attractive to said person. Even if somebody was sexually/romantically attracted to every single person on the face of the earth (or elsewhere) doesn't mean this person will try to have sex with over a billion people! All this is possible, but does not follow necessarily. :tantrum:

I'm really sorry to hear that a girlfriend dumped you because of this. (*hug*) She was wrong to do so.