1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little about myself!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by yugyag, Sep 21, 2014.

1. yugyag

yugyag Guest

Hello everyone,

I'm 18 years old and recently started my third year in college, but also moved away from home for the first time. I moved only a few miles (from Washington state to Florida:confused:) and am finding myself a bit homesick, and have had some trouble finding any gay friends, so I don't really have anyone to talk to about a lot of the stuff I'm going through. And that's why I'm here... Hopefully I'll be able to find a place that I can talk to someone who understands me.

A little more about me: I'm studying computer engineering at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, and should have my master's in 2018 which is exciting. For the past several years I have been hyper-focused on school and stuff and haven't really gotten to figure out much about myself romantically and stuff, which is seeming more and more odd now that I'm living with a bunch of people my age who are all trying to sleep with each other, which is weird to me.

Anyway, I think that's enough for now. It would be cool to get some responses from you guys :slight_smile:

bonus points to whoever deciphers my username (it's really easy).

2. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it gay guy (I'm a fucking genius aren't I)

Anyhow welcome to EC it's a shame your getting homesick but it's gonna be worth it in the end :icon_bigg
    And if you can't find any gay friends on here your bloody blind

3. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

4. Blossom85

Hi and welcome to EC,

I hope you enjoy spending some time here, I have found it very supportive and everyone very friendly, so don't be shy about posting, just get right into it and post or reply where you feel something resonates with you.

5. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello yugyag you have come to the right place to find a friend ! I am new to the site also and I tell you this they are a really great buch of people . So many have talked to me and been so supportive so I can say this to you . I know that you will find a great bunch of friends her on ec . If you would like to talk I would be honored to talk just pm any time I will try to help in any way I can :slight_smile:

6. lukeluvznicki13

Greetings & Welcome! :thumbsup: :smilewave :eusa_danc (*hug*)

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. yugyag

yugyag Guest

thanks for all the warm welcomes. Just reading what other people have been talking about on here has already helped me cheer up a bit, you guys are great. :slight_smile:

9. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are welcome my new friend :slight_smile:

10. MapleCross

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Gay Guy
    I am a much older guy than most on here and if you need someone to listen to you then you could try me if you want.

Has your University got a Gay Society? Most UK Universities do have one and that is a good safe space to explore and find out more about yourself and what you want from your life as a gay man. We are all different and do not easily fall into the trap of us all being the same. You are your own wonderful self and that is all that matters.

So welcome to freedom to become who you want to be.

11. June Cleaver

hi from FL as well! being 18is confusing for most! I have a 18 yo son. your going through a lot of changes even if you were straight and just graduated high school like my son. sit back and don't over think things! go with the flow! If you need a second mother's advice on things or someone to listen and maybe have motherly advise feel free to ask, welcome to EC! June

12. yugyag

yugyag Guest

My university does have an lgbt club that I've joined, however they don't seem to be very active, and have yet to have any meetings. Hopefully things will pick up soon, and until then I'll be here :icon_bigg