1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally talked to my brother again...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by BeautifulStranger, Sep 19, 2008.

1. BeautifulStranger

Today I called home because I was running out of money and I needed my parents to put some money on my card for me.
    Well, my brother answered the phone.
    Up until this afternoon, we hadn't talked for over a month. He never expressed interest in talking to me when I called on Sundays so talk to my parents, so I figured it didn't matter to him.

It was the best conversation we've had.
    He was genuinely interested in how my life is going in Germany right now. He asked about school, my classes, my teachers, whether or not I'm making friends. He actually cared when he asked.
    He was so excited to tell me about college and his life. He's decided to start studying Russian now and he hopes to become fluent in it eventually. He and his girlfriend are doing great, which is awesome because I love his girlfriend. She's awesome. He's going to Australia over winter break for a few weeks.
    Before he hung up, he said to me: I honestly can't wait to see you again!
    This phonecall was meant to be 5 minutes max... but it turned into a really great hour.

I'm so happy about this.
    Before I left for Germany, we were at our worst with each other. We couldn't stand being around each other and all I could think was 'No Connor for a year' and I know he was thinking the same about me.
    But now we're getting over it. I'm not ashamed to say that I love my brother and he's a great friend of mine.

I don't know if this is the right forum, but I figured congratulations are in order for not only me, but also my ultra-heterosexual brother. He and I are finally putting our differences aside and being real brothers.

2. biisme

Congratulations!!! I'm glad that you guys had a nice phone call. (*hug*)

3. Noah

congrats! That's a huge step

4. JurrBurr

JurrBurr Guest

Congratulations! Hope it gets even more better in the future! =]

5. EM68

That's great that you talked to your brother. Just remember he is family and will always be part of your life. You may get into fights with him and may not stand him but then you will get over it and find that you miss him and want him in his life.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The funny thing about growing up, is all that sibling rivalry disappears and you are finally able to really appreciate and love your siblings. Congrats....it sounds like a wonderful phone call!

7. Kimi

Awww
    I'm glad to hear that!!(*hug*)

I don't know what will happen to me and my bro if I came out LOL
    We are in like worst now and came out to that homophobe bro?
    Yeah...Definitely not going to his wedding:lol: