1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by D456, Sep 23, 2014.

1. D456

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello!

This is all pretty terrifying for me, so I'm sorry if I make a terrible first impression.

I've known that I'm attracted to women for around 6 years now. For most of my teenage years I attended a very anti-diversity high school and as I had a whole array of issues at the time I oppressed my feelings towards women as to maintain my social groups and not to stand out.

Over the last year I have very much come to terms internally with my attraction towards women, however I find the idea of being open about this terrifying as I have been told my whole life (and to this day) by people close around me that it its wrong.

I have a few friends who know for various reasons, none of which were planned. Some of which are very supportive and some of which like to tease me about it.

I guess I'm a coward in the sense that I always put my popularity over being true to myself. I wish I could be open and proud about my feelings and that's what I'm working towards but I don't really have anyone in my life who would encourage me in that direction.

I hope to be able to support others on this website in any ways I can!... and sorry for the somewhat miserable introduction!

2. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

3. Blossom85

Hi there and welcome to EC,

That wasn't a bad intro at all.. And let me just say.. You are not a coward for not wishing to come out.. Please don't think that at all.. It is a hard and confusing time in your life when you are questioning who you are so please don't feel you are a coward.. You are brave and strong and to come onto this site and register and then to introduce yourself is a very brave thing as well.. A lot of people might see this site and wanna join but just don't have the confidence in themselves to do it, so you are ahead of the game on that and just know you are not alone. There are a lot of supportive and friendly people here so don't be afraid to post and reply as well.

4. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi there. I'm new, too. :slight_smile:

Please don't be so hard on yourself. You are not a coward. Give yourself time.

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. Hexagon

Welcome to EC