1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Everypony!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Starfleet, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi! Well, I don't know if it was a good idea, but I came out Bisexual two years ago. All my friends and family were initially supportive, but within 6 months, my Mom was the only one still talking to me. It hurts. Really, the only "change" I made after coming out was getting into My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. All of a sudden, the friends I'd had for years, the friends I'd made through anime, the friends that I watch Tinkerbell, Sailor Moon, and Tangled with, were afraid I'd get teh Ghey on them when I wanted to show them "The Royal Pony Wedding".
    Then it got worse.

Does it ever get better?

2. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hiya and welcome to the site!! I understand about the backlash, but it's great that your mom still supports you. I cant speak much on this because Im still in the rough phase of life when I came out, but from what people have told me, it does get better. It really does. And as for MLP, there are a LOT of straight guys who like the show. If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you and I'm sure everyone on the message board feels the same. Keep calm and brony on!

3. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    MLP is awesome!.. and welcome.

4. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi there. :slight_smile: Good to meet you.

Yes, thank goodness for my Mom. She's all I got, but she's great. :slight_smile:

As for my "friends", I actually have more respect for the haters on the internet. At least the haters have the courage to hate me man-to-man.

I took more that a year off from meeting people. Just recently I've been making acquaintance with the new neighbors in our apartment complex. After they saw my MLP and Jem and the Holograms dolls, I knew they were wondering, so when the wives asked about my dating status, I told them. They keep asking me when I'm going to find a "bed friend".

Oh well. I'm 41 years old, disabled, full of rage, and I don't trust anyone. Meatspace is just pain and humiliation, so I spend my time on Star Trek Online. I'm a hero there. :slight_smile:

5. Blossom85

Hi and welcome to EC, hope you enjoy your time here.

6. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi Blossom. :slight_smile: It's good to meet you all.

7. Blossom85

Your welcome, I really love your avatar, it's really cool.

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  9. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi happydavid, good to meet you.

Hey Blossom, thanks. My avvy is Spitfire. She's the captain of the Wonderbolts team, they are precision flying Pegasi. The avvy shows her in her dress uniform from the episode "Wonderbolts Academy".

Spitfire is tough, competitive, brave, and a natural leader. :slight_smile:

10. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :welcome: :smilewave It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

11. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Thank you, Candace. It's good to meet you, too. :slight_smile:

12. Hexagon

Welcome to EC

13. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi, Hexagon. Good to meet you. :slight_smile:

14. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Hey Starfleet! Yeah, being an enthusiastic member of the pony club is one of the most frustratingly awkward endeavors I have experienced. It pisses me off so much that people immediately associate the words "my little pony" and "gay"... not that we're doing much to help the stereotype :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

BTW, mah pone nam iz Duskshine. *eyes look around shiftily, wondering if anyone is watching and simultaneously realizing how bizarre this really is*

15. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hey FancyGummy! :slight_smile: Good to meet you. Yeah, we're simultaneously resentful of the stereotype *and* reinforcing the stereotype. :lol: According to the documentary Brony that Mom bought me - starring Ashleigh Ball! - 10% of Bronies identify as Bisexual, something like 20% as Gay.

I never fit in anywhere, really. I always wanted a military career, I've always been interested in military history, etc. *But* I'm in to fashion, cosmetics, dolls, all those things too. With MLP, though, we all fit in somewhere, as Somepony. :slight_smile:

I don't have a pone OC yet. If they ever do a Brushable male Pegasus I'd do one, but I also identify with pretty pink pony princesses as well....

16. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC, hope things get better for you :slight_smile:

17. Feijoa

Hey Starfleet, welcome aboard!

I've been wanting to watch the Brony docu, but wasn't sure if it was going to be a piss-take or would fly (hur hur) over my head as I'm not an avid MLP fan. What ya think? How'd you find it?

18. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi, HM03. :slight_smile:

I'm meeting lots of nice folks here. I think things will get better. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 24th Sep 2014 at 09:44 AM ----------

Hi! I loved it. It follows Ashleigh Ball, starting as the fandom was starting. Ashleigh at first was a little leery of all these grown dudes getting into a "Girl Show", but she accepted an invite to a big Con and ended up being impressed with the Bronies she meets. Most of the doc is interviews with different Bronies. I think you'd like it, they explain the MLP references as they go, so it's not all *inside* y'know. :slight_smile:

19. Feijoa

Cool thanks, I'll deffo check it out :slight_smile: I loved the light-heartedness of the Trekkies docus, and whilst I watched some Star Trek here and there, I'm not up on all the storylines and characters, but I walked away from those just feeling the happy from the fans and the love they had for cosplay and the conventions.

20. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

I think you'll really enjoy "Brony" then. I got the happy from it. :slight_smile:

#20 Starfleet, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014