1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Beezlebub, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Beezlebub

Hi.

So, I won't be sharing any personal information, in fear of me accidentally outing myself to anyone who I may know stumbling across this.

So, I don't really know my sexual orientation. I am a cis-gendered female, and I'm not straight, but I'm still questioning if I am bisexual. I mean, it's weird. And complicated. Skip passed this paragraph if you don't care...

It's like when I am at school, I am this straight girl, who talks about boys with her friends, etc. But as soon as I get home, I am gay. Or bi. I mean, I have had legitimate (or at least I think) crushes on boys, but the thing is I have only ever fantasized about being with women. Like, I can appreciate one of my pretty girl friends but I don't have a crush on her, but I have had crushes on and would date boys but didn't find them as hot as I'd find women. Idk if that just means I'm not shallow or what but I can be shallow when it comes to some women. Also, I find the concept of gay (lesbian) sex waay more appealing than that of straight sex. It just seems more selfless, but lets not go into that.

Aaanyway, I am 13 years old. Just fyi. I am very closeted, not for myy safety but due to the fact that people that I know have actually expressed the fact that they would change the way they talk to and act around their friends if they were gay, bi etc. and I don't want that to happen. My parents would also be supportive but they would also change the way they think. Especially my Dad. And my stepdad always makes jokes about me being a lesbian thinking that its ok because I am totally comfortable with the fact that I am straight even though I'm not and you'd think that he would recognize that people my age often question their sexuality. Ugh. Its good to get that out. If y'all had any advice on how you'd deal with that that'd be great to know. :slight_smile: And also I don't want to come out of the closet as I don't know which orientation I identify with.

Anyway, that's me. If you had any questions, I'd be happy to answer them as long as I feel comfortable answering them.

NOTES:
    Have been asked out, have never been in a relationship.

2. doinitagain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Beezlebub!!

Welcome aboard! :smilewave

I would say that you have plenty of time to discover whyo you are. There's absolutely no hurry and you don't need to tell anyone about it until you are ready. it's nobody elses business!

Stick around, ask questions and enjoy yourself! (!)

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. Blossom85

Hi there Hun and welcome to EC

I can certainly understand not wanting to accidentally out yourself here.. I have been there as well, not wanting to reveal certain personal details to others on another forum I am on, however I am now out to my Mum and a few others and I am at the point 2 and a half years later where if someone stumbles across here or the other forum I am on, I wouldn't care if they found it was me as I realized.. If they are here.. It means they are also questioning or have admitted to themselves they aren't straight either, so I don't mind anymore.. But I certainly get where you are coming from cause I was where you are a year or so ago.

I also know what you mean about feeling like you lead two different lifestyles.. I always go on about male celebs I like to family and friends, but I don't often mention women celebs I like other then to say she is pretty or is a good actress. I don't think it is shallow at all.. Most people have a certain type they are attracted to wether it be someone of the opposite or same gender. I myself go for personality.. If I find a personality to be beautiful.. Then to me, it makes that person more attractive on the outside whereas if someone has a bad personality, it makes them unattractive to me. You aren't alone there either, I prefer the concept and idea of lesbian sex as well.

You sound like a very smart 13 year old, and I think you should take your time discovering your identity, there is no rush.. It took me 2 and a half years to really be comfortable with where I stand on it.. I am bisexual, but feel like I am a little pansexual as well cause I can fall for anyone as long as they have a good personality, it might take you years to fully be comfortable with yourself and you and only you can know the right time to to decide when to come out to your loved ones and friends.. Eventually if you wanna be in a relationship with a woman, it will be something that needs to be discussed but before you get there, you just need to take your time.. You might feel confused and unsure for a while, and don't get discouraged with it.. We have all been or are where you are, so you aren't alone in that. A good way to deal with it is talking to someone.. If you can't talk to any friends, then it can certainly be people here on this site.. Like I said.. We have been where you are and some still where you are, so we can certainly offer support and advice to you here.. Just don't be shy here, You don't have to reveal anything you don't want to about yourself, just what you are comfortable with. I hope you enjoy your time here and find it as informative and supportive as I have.

5. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi there. Give yourself some time. It's not like you have to "declare" today and stick with your declaration forevers. :slight_smile:

6. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :welcome: :smilewave It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

7. Hexagon

Welcome to EC