1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not around so much for the next few days

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Paul_UK, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Markie has now got himself an apartment to rent and we are moving him in this weekend. I've borrowed the van from work to help with the bigger stuff. I've also been spending money on furniture and a washing machine for him.

So I'm busy this weekend with that, then I need to sort this (now my) place out to make it "mine" instead of "ours". It's looking rather bare at the moment and is mega-untidy.

Because of this I won't be spending so much time on EC in the evenings as I have done for the next week or so. I will pop in but probably mostly in the staff room.

Duke is staying with me because Markie can't have pets at his place. It's upstairs and on a main road opposite the railway line so it wouldn't be a good place for a cat anyway.

I'll post a blog with more info later. :thumbsup:

2. Ronnie92

Good Luck Paul!!!!!!!!!!

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I was wondering about Duke! I'm glad he gets to stay with you.

4. panda

Take care Paul(*hug*)

5. Ben

Ben

Yeah, take care and good luck with it all :slight_smile:

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Thanks all!

I've just taken the last load across, returned the van to work and got a taxi home. I probably won't be seeing him until next weekend when he comes to collect some other bits and pieces. Now I need to start making this place MINE!

Duke is a bit confused but I think he's figuring it out. Last night he kept checking what was Mark's bedroom and is now a junkroom, where he found no Mark, no bed and none of Mark's stuff.

7. biisme

Aw, poor kitty cat.

What do you think you're gonna do to the place? :slight_smile:

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Initially lots of cleaning. I think that's been somewhat neglected for the last month, especially the kitchen and bathroom.

I'm also sorting out stuff I don't want (kitchen gadgets etc), which he can have if he wants and if not can go to a charity shop or be dumped. We have way too much clutter for my liking.

Then I'm going to rearrange the lounge because I never really liked the current furniture layout. I'll put it back how we first had it as I preferred that. I need to get more pictures too as he had many of them.

Then start sorting out upstairs as I will probably be renting two rooms to a lodger (one as a bedroom and one as their lounge/study).

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this sounds like a good plan. Make the place your own. I hope you will get through this difficult period soon. I hope all is well though and that you are doing okay.

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest