1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So....hi?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Ophelia, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been reading this forum for a while now and thought I should take the time to say hello. I've known I was bisexual since I was in highschool (that's a whole story in itself), but I've never really been accepted as such by anyone but my husband. Even then, I only recently told him just how much I am still interested/wanting to be intimate with a girl. Most of the people who have learned I'm bisexual have had responses that included trying to force me to "come out as a lesbian" to telling me I was just confused and going through a phase. I even once had someone I had thought of as a good friend tell me that bisexuals don't exist and that I should just stop "trying to cause drama". I hope that by coming to EC I can find friends who understand me, or at the very least don't try to erase me.

So again.. Hi.

2. Leader233

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome and it is wonderful that your hubby is so understanding. Yes bisexuals are that Grey area, Gays think we are Gays who have just not figured it out and straights think we are just gay and have not figured it out. Instead we are people attracted to personality not gender.

3. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The horrible thing is, I feel like I contribute to that kind of treatment by passing for hetero. It's been really stressful recently actually, and I was thinking of getting/making a bisexual heart patch for my bag. I also only recently admitted to myself (while talking to husband) that I was in a pretty serious relationship with a girl when I was 15-17. We never did anything sexual, so I didn't even acknowledge it. Do you think that makes me a terrible person?

4. Leader233

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Passing for hetero, think about it what does a bisexual person look like? The great thing about being bisexual is we do not fit any stereotype, we can be the librarian at the local public Library or the teacher at the High School or your dental assistant. We accept that people can be attracted to all people and you are very lucky to be in a relationship where you can be open and communicate about you bisexuality. Remember communication is the basis for all great relationships. As for the past, whether you were with a man previous to your hubby or a woman makes no difference. If he is open to you exploring with a woman then congratulations to him for being so open. If you discover you really like being with women that does not mean you will not like your hubby. After all very heterosexual women are still married and have husbands even though they find men attractive, they are not chasing every man. Just accept that you are a wonderful, caring person.

5. AsheTheHuman

Welcome! I'm glad your husband understands at least. And everyone here does, too! My name's Ashe by the way. Nice to meet you!

6. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Ashe, nice to meet you too! He does understand, mostly. I think. He knew that I was attracted to women when we met 11 years ago (yikes I'm getting old), but it was only a couple of months ago that we started talking about it past the general " I find this famous person attractive, I used to think about her when..." Kind of stuff. Now we talk about it a lot more, and we've really told each other all of our secret stuff. A problem I'm sort of having though, is that he said "who knows what will happen in the next ten years, maybe we'll figure out a way for you to be with a girl" I'm paraphrasing. The thing is, I thought he was totally serious and I got really excited (and felt uncontrollably guilty at the same time, because I love him so much) but now I'm not so sure that he meant it and I can not stop thinking about it. All of the time. We are having sex way more frequently as a result though, so that's a good thing. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 27th Sep 2014 at 04:47 PM ----------

And, I don't want to fall into the stereotype that a bisexual person can't be totally fulfilled in a monogamous, opposite gender relationship. I never thought I would feel like this.

7. Leader233

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he is open to you being with a woman that is very positive. Just make him understand how much you love him and how it is his openess that makes him even more attractive to you.

8. AsheTheHuman

It sounds like he's flexible and understanding. It seems like he really does love you, so don't worry too much about what he said. If it really does, talk to him about it. It probably seemed a lot less vague in his head.

9. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just don't know if he actually is or not. He seemed completely into the idea, but then I started telling him that it would feel like I was cheating on him and he told me that when he talks to me about my fantasies he is still the one who is getting me excited. So maybe he didn't mean it. What should I do? I've already tried to talk to him about it a few times, but now I just think it will hurt him.

---------- Post added 27th Sep 2014 at 04:55 PM ----------

Ah! You ninja replied there :slight_smile:

10. Leader233

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ask him a hypothetical, what would happen if you met a woman one day and flirted and she flirted back and indicated she wanted more. Ask him what he would say to that? One question for you I assume (bad to do I know) would he be ok if you spent time with a woman and he was not present? Or is he thinking about you another woman and him present?

11. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm pretty sure he would not be okay with me being with a woman by myself. We've sort of discussed stuff like that a little bit, and it's not that he'd need to be involved with her at all, but he would want to be either still doing things to/with me while I did things to her, or watching me having things done to me.

12. AsheTheHuman

Maybe sit down with him and see if you can get him to talk about his fantasies. It might make you feel less guilty if you know his. And why do you think he'd get mad? Just instinct? I think it's fair for him to want to be there. It'll probably be more difficult to find someone who's up to it though.

#12 AsheTheHuman, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  13. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He's told me his fantasies- recently, and I'm actually really into them. And it's not that I think he'd get mad per se, just that I think he would feel betrayed if I went off on my own. We spend almost all of our time together, and we're rather inseparable, so I think it would hurt him if I asked. And I agree, it would be impossible to find someone interested in that kind of thing. Also, and don't laugh, but girls make me nervous. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: like, every time there is an attractive girl talking to me I make zero sense.

14. AsheTheHuman

I won't laugh. Every Time I'm around a crush, my mind turns to goo. And it wouldn't be impossible, I don't think, but difficult. Maybe if you did it not just with a girl, but another couple entirely? Just a suggestion. It might be easier that way.

15. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know, maybe. Thanks for the advice though. I'll think about it. I'll probably try to let it go for a while until I can figure out if that's really what I want. I'm a little worried about all of the ramifications (especially since I tend to get really attached to people and I wouldn't want to complicate things).

I have an entirely different, and probably stupid question though, about EC and message boards in general. I never posted on one before, so I'm not sure how to join another conversation. Say for example, I see something I want to chime in on in the media, or chit chat, or whatever section, do I just post? Or is that rude? Man, do I feel like a total idiot about all of this.

16. AsheTheHuman

Just post, no need to be shy! And yeah- it's probably best to go slow. Don't want to do anything you'll regret later.

17. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much.

18. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

I love your username, by the way! It's a pretty name :grin:.

19. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks! I've always loved Shakespeare and she's one of the absolute best characters.

20. Candace

Aha! So that's where you got the name :grin:. Nice choice :slight_smile: