1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, Everyone

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by SpaceSuit, Oct 1, 2014.

1. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello.
    I am feeling in great need of support at the moment and fortuitously happened across this site. I am a 26 year old lesbian living in Ohio and I'm out to anyone who cares. I feel very alone and I have never been in a relationship, but I recently fell head over heels for a chick in my writing group. I'm not sure what steps to take to find out if she's even gay or how to start a relationship or... anything. I'm absolutely lost in all this and scared.

A brief explanation to my rather extreme social anxiety: I was sexually abused by my step-dad for years and neglected by my mother. At the moment I am in therapy dealing with depression, an anxiety disorder, and PTSD. I feel broken.

That explanation out of the way... I'm not sure how to go about having a romantic relationship with someone, but I'm ready to start figuring it out. I feel guilty for being gay, but I'm working on not feeling that way. Feeling guilty about everything is sort of a default setting for me, but, again, I'm trying to change that. I hope to find support and acceptance here on EC.

Nice to meet all of you. Thank you for taking the time to read this introduction.

2. AsheTheHuman

Hello, it's nice to meet you! My name's Ashley. I became quite broken myself recently, and this site helped out tremendously. Hopefully we can help you as well. Don't be afraid to post or ask a question. We're all here for you, alright? <3 Welcome to EC~

3. NatWheeled

Well welcome!

I'm glad you're getting the help you need to deal with the past, people can be very cruel. You may be broken but the pieces can be put back together. There will always be scars but if we were all perfect than we wouldn't need each other. Everyone has something, I'm in a wheelchair. As for your writing friend, get to know her better as a friend. Hang out outside your group, maybe find another common interest you two can enjoy together. As you build a friendship she may tell you if she's gay, if she feels comfortable enough.

4. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for the welcome.

@NatWheeled, I have gone to movies with her and dinner and she's come over to play video games and watch movies. We have identical interests. Every new thing I learn about her just makes me fall in love with her even more. We are definitely moving towards friendship and I'm scared if I push or ask her anything personal that I'll ruin it somehow. :frowning2:.

5. lovely lesbian

6. NatWheeled

Well, maybe a bit down the road ask her in a non serious way. Maybe ask if she's into any guys, then if she says no teasingly ask if she's into girls. If she starts to react badly you can just laugh it off n say you were joking

7. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @NatWheeled, I hadn't thought of that. Thank you! :grin:

8. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

9. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for the welcome. :slight_smile:.

10. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi SpaceSuit. :slight_smile: Welcome to EC. Looks like you're fitting right in, you're among friends. :slight_smile:

If you'd ever need to talk, come find your girl Starfleet. :slight_smile:

11. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  12. TinyTiger

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC SpaceSuit! Please don't feel guilty about it, also I'm sorry about what happened in your past. Don't rush things and have faith!! You will find everyone here is very nice and supportive (&&&), consider me your friend already even though you don't know who I am, you're not alone in this (*hug*)

13. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you all for being so welcoming. :slight_smile:.

14. gamergirlxbox

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What a terrible way to start your life. So glad that you are getting the support you need to heal. Very good to see you getting close to your crush. And if she is straight then you will always have a close friend. Maybe just tell her your gay. She will not care or judge you as she seems like a good friend. And if she can't deal with it and stops talking to you then she was never going to be good for you.
    Keep getting stronger in your self and put yourself first you are wonderful and even though you are still broken. You are on the mend. And you are a surviver that's already hit rock bottom and lived to tell the tale.
    You are stronger than what you think. Keep smiling and fill the world will your awesomeness and you will find your happiness. Be so nice to be your friend and please chat to me anytime. My name is Michelle. Good luck with everything. You will find this group to be kind and helpful. :slight_smile:

15. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @gamergirlxbox, thank you so much. Your words really helped. I invited her over for dinner tomorrow and I'm planning to let her know that I like her and that I'm gay... if I don't chicken out. If I DO chicken out, at least we'll have a good dinner. :slight_smile:. Thank you.

16. NatWheeled

Tell us how it goes

17. Blossom85

Hi and Welcome to EC Hun,

First of all, I am so sorry that happened to you, I can't even begin to imagine how you feel, you sound like you have handled it all with grace and dignity though. There are a lot of people who feel broken here, and I hope by being here, you might start to slowly feel a little better. Those are some very big issues to have carried with you for so long, so I hope you are able to start to heal more and be more at peace with yourself.. Please don't feel guilty either.. God made us the way he made us.. So please never feel guilty for being who you are.

I think this site will be wonderful for you.. We are all friendly and supportive and I think you are very much in the right place.. Don't be shy about posting, feel free to write as little or as much as you like.. Hope to see you around (*hug*)

18. bi2me

Welcome! I'm sorry that you had such trauma in your life. I hope that your conversation with your friend goes well, and that if she doesn't return the feelings she is at least a good friend to you. :slight_smile:

19. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you all. <3. I am hoping that tomorrow goes well, but I will let you know.

20. NatWheeled

Hoping its going well :slight_smile: