1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by hpshrew90, Oct 1, 2014.

1. hpshrew90

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello :slight_smile:

I'm Hannah, I am 23yrs old and I live in Norwich in the UK. I have been with my partner for 3 years, engaged for 2 and we started out long distance for a year but it got too hard leaving each other so I bravely quit my job and moved across the country to be with her.

I am 'out' to most people. All of my family know, and said they knew before I confirmed it anyway (wish they'd of told me to save all the confusion!) all the people at my work guessed and are cool with it but it's just my partners family who don't know yet. Although since I moved to be with her, I moved in with her and her parents and still living with them. They haven't given it away if they do know and I've tried encouraging my partner to tell her parents or I have offered but she is still too nervous. I guess one day they'll either tell us in one way or they will guess when we have our own house and share a room.

Things are a little up and down between us at the minute, since we are together all the time. We live and work together, so there may be a bit of pressure between us sometimes but we remain strong some how.

I look forward to chatting to you all :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

2. Rainbows~Exist

Welcome to EC!

3. hpshrew90

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you! Oh I used to live in Shrewsbury btw, next to Wales :thumbsup:

4. Otaku2014

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome Hannah!

6. Candace

Hello from across the pond and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

7. bi2me

Welcome! Being with someone all the time can be hard on any relationship... you guys are living together with her family and they don't know? Is that awkward? I don't mean to be too personal, I'm just curious :slight_smile:

8. Blossom85

Hi and Welcome to EC Hannah,

It's nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Congrats on your engagement,

I am guessing if you are living with her and her parents.. They may know about you, they might just be waiting for her to say something to them.. It is a difficult subject to talk about and they might not want to bring it up till she is ready.. But if you are staying in the same bedroom, then if am guessing they might have their suspicions about it.. Do you know what their opinion and views on the LGBT community is? From what you have seen, do you think they will be accepting? It must be a stressful thing for her to deal with, being in a serious committed relationship where you are engaged and yet not feeling she can come out to her parents..

I think it is something she will do when she is ready, but I am guessing if you are planning on being married and living a life together as a married couple, she will have to tell them eventually.. I think try not to pressure her even though it might be hard on you.. I am guessing as well that could be what is causing some tension between you two as well at the moment.. You are out and would like to be able to live your life with her more openly and she is too scared too at the moment.. I think just try to be there for her.. I don't know if parents will come out and say it, cause in case they are wrong, it will make them embarrassed as well at thinking the wrong thing, so I don't think her parents will admit to knowing something is going on.. I think it will be up to your partner to tell them.. Do you know what exactly about telling them makes her so nervous? Does she think they will react badly or reject her or kick you both out?

Anyway, it sounds nice you both remain strong, I hope you enjoy your time here and just know we are all here to support you and be here for you.

9. one and only

Hello, welcome to EC.

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  11. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hello Hannah, It's nice to meet you. :slight_smile: I have to agree with my friend Blossom, her parents must know something. Perhaps they are just that kind, that they are giving her this much space and quiet support?

Could you talk gently with her parents? Perhaps fishing a little about LGBT rights or similar? Maybe if you get a discussion going privately with her parents, maybe you'll move towards more communication?

:slight_smile: Anyway, we got your back. If you need to talk, come find me, okay?

12. hpshrew90

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the warm welcome and support guys!

I have been encouraging her for basically the whole time we've been together as I remember how good it felt that my parents knew and were fine with it but I've made it clear its up to her when she does it.

Yeah they really must know, they have mentioned gay people in random talks in the past few years which they were fine about and not negative towards but they do avoid talking about it infront of us or the other half. More than likely not too embarrass her. Suppose sometimes I wish they would just to get it out in the open.

The tension can be a little a little hard at times but I'm holding on till we have our own place and things should smooth out nicely.
    And her parents are going away in the next few weeks so having the house alone makes us relax immensely :slight_smile:

Thanks all again, this is my first chance of being able to log back on and it was so nice to read your lovely messages :grin:

13. TinyTiger

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to hpshrew90, I think the same as blossom85 and starfleet, as you can see you can count on us if something happen, have faith (*hug*)

14. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC :wave:!