1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight, bi, or lesbian?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by The blue sun, Oct 1, 2014.

1. The blue sun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi! I'm a 14 girl who is seriously questioning her sexuality and I'm really confused. I've never been in a real relationship before, but I've liked a lot of people. :rolle: I feel attracted to guys, but I don't want to do anything with them sexually, yet I'm still attracted. But with a girl, I want to do something with them, and I am really attracted.
    I've never been in a relationship, as stated before, but I think I've seriously loved at least one girl. I'm not sure if my like for other girls is just platonic or if I can really be in love with them, and if it was just that one special case. I really have no idea what I am feeling right now, and that's put me on an emotional Tower of Terror. So I'd really appreciate if someone could help me figure this out. :help:

2. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

I think you should post this question in the Support Area in order to receive more accurate responses. We at EC would love to help you and give you as much advice and help as you need :grin:.

3. Blossom85

Hi Hun and Welcome to EC,

I think to start with.. 14 is a hard age because you are going through a lot of different changes and feeling different things and adolescence is confusing at times. It might take sometime for you to figure things out.. And only you can decide who you are.. If you feel attracted to women and attracted to men even if it's in different ways, it could be you are bisexual.. However it is something that only you can really determine. In time, you will be able to look into your heart and see who you are.. Don't be stressed or worried if it takes you a little time to figure it all out though.

I had the same thought for a while as well. I met a beautiful young woman whom I fell so in love with and at first I wasn't sure if it was just her or if I was attracted to other women as well. It took me two and a half years to be really comfortable with saying I like both men and women, so don't feel pressured to feel you need to be one or the other.. You will discover it all in time.. For now.. Just enjoying knowing you have an attraction to boys and girls.

This site is just the right place for you, we are all here for you and are all here to help you and give you advice and whatever support you need. I hope you stay around and keep posting.

4. Doglover33

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm 15 and I am bi-curious. I've only ever had one boyfriend, and I find I am in a similar position as you, I am attracted to girls (although never have had/done anything with one) and guys, but I am much more comfortable with the idea of doing sexual thing with girls than I am with guys. It's ok to be bi, then you can have the best of both worlds! And of course you can always change your mind about your sexuality, eg if you have a relationship with a girl and guy, and find you like one heaps more than the other, you can always decide then. nothing is written in stone and everyone on EC will always support you no matter what! I hope that helped a bit :slight_smile:

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi All! Welcome to EC. I'd like you to know that this is a safe place to talk, and you are among friends.

We wont judge you here, but listen to you and try to help. :slight_smile: I agree that if you start threads about your feelings in the sections for Sexual and Romantic attractions, more members will see and then offer their ideas. :slight_smile:

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry about labels just yet. Everyone takes a different amount of time to figure out their sexuality; though, your age should help you be more confident in your choices. 13-14 is around the time I realized I had feelings for guys, but it took me a couple of years to convince myself I was way more attracted to them than my previous feelings for girls.