1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody out there?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by VanityInSanity, Oct 5, 2014.

1. VanityInSanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So here I am, sitting in front of my computer and wondering what I'm doing with my life.
    I guess I decided to join EC because I felt desperate or lonely in some way, and hoped something would change by actually coming here. :help: Let me explain my situation in an easy and simple way.

I don't go out because I barely have any friends, I don't have any friends because I'm so horribly shy. I'm shy because I'm a loner and an introvert.
    I'm also gay which is against my family's tradition(Asian), I feel so much shame by being gay so I hide my feelings and myself because of the shame, and I hate myself for it. However, I bottled it up and keep telling myself I'm fine, and so I put on a play in front of everyone I love and know, hoping that they'll never find out about my true self.
    I guess over the years I've become more and more shut in and depressed. I've even been so desperate that I've contacted a counselor and have since then, a year back, been in therapy. Turns out I'm suffering from low self-esteem (who would've thought an asian could have low self-esteem! Sigh...). I guess I've been trying to flee from the harsh reality by gaming away the days in front of the computer and intellectualizating every painful event in my life, e.g. my school life.

As of now I've started university since a month back and are just trying to get by, hoping everything will eventually turn out fine. I haven't really thought of that anyone would answer my post, since I just want to get my feelings off my chest and my thoughts out of my mind, but I guess somewhere deep inside of me I really want to be heard and wish to hear other people's stories. After all, why else would I be here? :icon_wink

(I apologize for rambling and perhaps a confusing introduction, I have no idea how to introduce myself! :eusa_doh:slight_smile:

2. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi there! :slight_smile: Welcome to EC. You're among friends now. :slight_smile:

I have social anxiety myself, and I have a hard time meeting people in the big world. A place like EC is great because you can be yourself here and make friends. :slight_smile:

3. AsheTheHuman

Hello, my name's Ashley. Welcome to EC! I also have social anxiety, but have managed to fight back lately. There's always hope even where it seems like there isn't. There's no need to put on a play here. We're here for you, okay? (*hug*)

4. wolf of fire

Hello and welcome to EC, feel free to message me if you need help with anything or want to chat.

5. Ryujin

Welcome to EC, and we're here if you need to talk.

6. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey!
    I'd just like to welcome you to EC and let you know that we are all here for and and we all support you.
    Have fun posting, and feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to.
    Also, have a hug! (*hug*)

7. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

Dude , trust me you're not the only Asian with any type of "issue". Keep up with the therapy and see if that can't get you out some . At some point in our lives we're gonna have to have the balls to be ourselves and that might not always coincide with family ideals/ ideas. I kind of understand about that whole situation with da,ily and some rigidness.
    Oh Ye , hey welcome I guess . I'm not good about hellos I R L either so...

8. Hexagon

Possibly, but there's no way of really knowing...

Welcome to EC

9. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

10. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Hey welcome to EC dude. Don't feel bad about how you feel, cause you can't be someone else. Anyway I'm here if you need anyone to talk to. God Bless:slight_smile:

11. Blossom85

Hi and Welcome to EC,

I think this is the right place for you. We are all friendly, supportive. Don't be why about posting, we have all be the newbie at one point. I hope you enjoy being here.

12. lovely lesbian

13. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  14. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    VanityInSanity I want to say we know how you feel ! Know this tho we all are here for you you can say anything and not be judged :slight_smile: you are among Friends!!!!! If ever you need to talk ,vent ,scream,cry or what ever please don't hesitate to contact one of us I know I would be glad to help any way I can . I hope you have a wonderful day

15. RainbowSocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey VIS and welcome to EC!
    I'll add another to the list of socially awkward for you. Welcome to the club! We should have a secret handshake. But I don't really like touching strangers so maybe a secret wave! :smilewave Sorry, I've had too much coffee.
    Congrats on taking that first step and joining us here at EC. There are a lot of people here going through the same thing as you. Just knowing you're not alone helps a lot. Some of them even have good advice.
    Bonus: Its a lot easier to talk to people online that it is in real life :slight_smile:
    I hope we can all help you.

16. Otaku2014

Hey, your always welcome here, dont let anyone tell you any different.

17. Glendorien

Hey, welcome, nice to meet you. I think I can really understand how you feel, because I have to struggel with some kind of social anxiety (just guessing). Here you are under friends and I hope I can help you one day :icon_wink