1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New from Canada!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by TeeBe, May 2, 2007.

1. TeeBe

Hello!

Yet anothere Canadian here! I have (Finally!) decided to stop being shy and join EC. I have been looking around for quite a while, and find these forums very helpful. Everyone here is so friendly and supportive!

Well, I am 19 and, well, not straight. I lean towards being female-oriented, but I still notice guys, so I haven't really figured out who I am yet. With the exception of my mom, my family is generally homophobic. My father went as far as openly protesting gay marriage with the church. My grandparents...are worse.

My mom, while not homophobic at all, says things that sting. The only lifestyle she takes issue with is bisexual (somewhat of an issue for me). She is one of the people who believes that "Bi people just want it wherever they can get it." When one of my female friends came out as bi, her first reaction was, "Well, she has to decide whether she likes men or women."

Strangely, the only people who I haven't come out to are my family and close friends. Not that I ever made any effort to hide it (I'm actually pretty obvious), but it's just hard to tell them. Friends from other cities, people that I meet day-to-day and a bunch of people who I was NEVER friends with from my highschool all know. I don't know why sharing with people who could support me (and currently cause me the most stress) is so hard.

Sorry for the novel :icon_redf bit of a long night
    Thanks!

2. Micah

Hey Teebe!

Welcome to empty closets. Hopefully you'll keep finding this place useful (especially with you family problems).

Dave

3. missbi90

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi TeeBee

Welcome to EC, im pretty new also, Its nice to come accross another girl in a simmlar situation to myself.
    I came out two months ago... although Ive been out for years to most people and alot of my friends, its only been recently Ive been able to tell my family and close friends. It is indeed much harder to tell the people you hold close.

If youd like to talk im always here.
    Welcome hun
    :slight_smile:

4. Kimi

Welcome to EC!!!

I hope things(come out to family and close friends) will work out well(*hug*)
    You'll find very helpfull supports or stories about similar situation that you have. And if you can't then make a thread I'm sure people gonna give you great advises and supports that you need!!!!!!!

Hope to see you around(*hug*)

5. Steam Giant

Hello TeeBe! Welcome to EC!

I know how it can be, when someone you want to come out to makes comments like that. A friend of mine once said, "there are no bisexuals, just greedy people."

As far as family goes, it's completely up to you if you want to tell them or not. Personally, I don't plan on telling my parents. Of course, things may be completely different for you.

Telling people you are close to can be really hard...it's easier to tell people who don't play an active role in your life, simply because there isn't that perceived danger of your relashionship with them changing after you tell them. I only just came out to one of my best friends...I was so nervous, I almost didn't go through with it. Luckily, the people at EC helped to prod me in the right direction ^^

We're glad you've finally joined, and look forward to better helping you through your troubled times!

6. blake21

hi and welcome

7. TeeBe

Awww! I already fell so welcomed! At one point, I had actually gotten to the point where I was going to come out to my parents. Then my father walked out on us, and I figured that it would be a bit harsh to for my mom to lose her husband and any hope of grandkids all at once...

Oh the drama :wink:

8. Jim1454

Hi TeeBe. Welcome to EC from a fellow Canadian. Glad to hear you find this site as helpful as I do. Good luck with your family... I'm a long way away from telling mine as well, and don't really have any reason to think that they don't approve or would think any less of me. Its just hard.

9. shain250

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hi and welcome to ec

10. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    welcone to from me

11. Zec24

Welcome to EC great place to come and chat and receive support and advice.

12. charlie12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi There and Welcome to EC! It's great that your here with all of us. If you have any questions or need any advice, someone here will be happy to help you.

13. TeeBe

How did it take me so long to join? I was shy :icon_redf but everyone is so welcoming!(*hug*)

14. c_jayo6

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi...welcome to EC. Its cool you dont know who you are...in reality who actually does, lol. I hope you like it here...