1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Step in the right direction...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by smallsteps, Oct 7, 2014.

1. smallsteps

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey I'm smallsteps and I just came out this weekend. I guess that I always knew that I was a lesbian, but growing up where I did that wasn't acceptable. I lost a friend who came out before me, and it scared me to death. He was too young to go. So I had a major freak out and told my best friend. She reacted poorly, and now we're not friends anymore. She had been with me since I was eleven.
    I came out to my family and shockingly they were all fine with it, a few of them even had bets going on to see when I'd come out. My grandfather of all people won. I've recently decided that I was tired of hiding since I went off to school, so I came out to my closest friends here. My one friend was so supportive that she was ready to go and defend my honor to my ex-best friend.
    So here I am just hoping to connect with some other people who are at least a little bit like me, because I still feel alone. I'm hoping that I can change that someday.
    Thanks for listening,
    smallsteps:slight_smile:

2. DarkestDream

Hello, Smallsteps, nice to meet you!

It sounds like so far you have some supportive people on your side! This place has some amazing people, and very supportive, as well. You definitely won't feel alone here! (*hug*)

3. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC , maybe give your friend some time maybe she will come around and be there for you :slight_smile: It is good that your family is on your side that is so good !

4. PurpleRose95

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome! I'm new here, too, and I totally understand being in a community that is less than understanding. You are incredibly brave, and frankly, fuck anyone who abandons you because of who you are attracted to. You don't want fair-weather friends anyway. Props to your family for being awesome and totally accepting.

5. Blossom85

Hi there and Welcome to EC,

I hope you are able to find this site as supportive, friendly and encouraging as I have. It has been one of the decisions I have made, to join here, so I hope you enjoy your time here.

6. lukeluvznicki13

Greetings & Welcome :slight_smile: :smilewave :eusa_danc (*hug*)

7. lovely lesbian

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  9. Hexagon

Welcome to EC

10. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

11. bi2me

As much as it hurts, if someone can't accept the real you, she wasn't a good friend in the first place. I'm so glad your family and other friends have been accepting and loving. Welcome, and I hope you find many friends and peace from this community.

12. TinyTiger

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC smallsteps, I'm glad about your family :wink: as bi2me said, you have to find people that accepts the real you, if you really treasure someone it shouldn't matter what type of person they like, because that will not change the love you feel for someone... You will find here people very supportive and kind (*hug*)