1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey All! :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Newbeginings824, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Newbeginings824

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just joined this website, and this is my first post on here. I am new to the whole LBGT world, and would love to talk to others about their stories, and or how they dealt with coming out , and daily life of being gay. I am 24 years old, and have always been attracted to men, but I have always suppressed it, because it was something I was resembled of, and did not want. I was even in a serious relationship with a woman on and off for about 3 and a half years. I have realized that suppressing it has only made me depressed, and not like who I am, so I finally came up with the courage to talk to some good friends about my feelings for men, and than my parents. Thankfully everyone has been supportive so far, but I still want suggestions, and to meet others who had my same struggles.
    Look forward from hearing from you guys!

2. TwinNumber2

TwinNumber2 Guest

Hey welcome to EC! Well done for finding the courage to come out and it's great to hear that you were met with a good reaction! :slight_smile:

3. Newbeginings824

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank You! It was pretty hard for me to do, for all these years I didn't want this. I realized this is who I am and that there is nothing to be a shame of. I just want to be happy! :slight_smile:I am not fully out yet , but I know that as I become more comfortable with myself I will be fully out.

4. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome and congrats !! I hope you enjoy your stay I know that you will find a lot of good friends here and all the support you can handle lol

5. Blossom85

Hi there and Welcome to EC,

I hope you enjoy being here, it is a really helpful and supportive place, everyone is just really kind and friendly and very supportive.

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello and welcome :slight_smile:

I'd say take part... read up a bit... and ask questions... people like to help :slight_smile:

7. Newbeginings824

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you everyone for your kind words :slight_smile: I already am enjoying being on here, and reading all the replies I have gotten I am most defiantly looking forward to my stay at EC and meeting new people like you guys! This whole thing is such a process, its not an easy one at all. How did you guys deal with coming out, and meeting people in your area? There is a gay bar by where I work I often pass the outside of it but I am scared to go in. Is there any links, or books I should read that might help me? How do I stop thinking about ppl not liking me cause im gay. How do I deal with all the unknown? This isnt easy for me, but I am so glad I have all you guys!

8. ChameleonSoul

Well the resources section has plenty of links that have what you're looking for and if you want to talk to any of us, I'm sure that every person on this forum would be willing to help you through whatever's bothering you. Don't worry, we don't bite. I haven't met a single person on this forum that's judged anybody for what they've said or done.

9. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC mate, it's great to hear your no longer suppressing yourself :icon_bigg

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to your new beginning!

11. Newbeginings824

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will most definitely check out the resources section, I might find some helpful things there :slight_smile: thank you for the suggestion! It really helps to see how supportive all you guys are it makes me happy to see there are others out there who want to help :slight_smile: TY that_one_guy! and resu Thanks man! I am so ready for this journey! :slight_smile:

12. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey newbeginnings824, welcome to EC!

It would appear you are well on your way to self-acceptance and living life with integrity. So glad you have joined us, you will no doubt have a lot to share with others like yourself.

Post often, we want to hear more from you!

13. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

14. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  15. Newbeginings824

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  16. TinyTiger

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC Newbeginings824! As you can see the people here are very supportive anf kind, you already are among friends (&&&) If you need anything just ask :wink: