1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Hey!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by SimpleeBekah, Oct 24, 2014.

1. SimpleeBekah

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm Rebekah but most people call me Bekah. I've been out to friends for about 7 years but only out to my family and everyone else for about 2. My family is mostly unsupportive and it's been very hard.
    I recently got married to the woman of my dreams just 18 hours after the gay marriage ban was shot down in NC. We planned a wedding for 2 years, knowing that it would not be legal in our state, only to have a miracle happen within hours of our beautiful wedding. My parents did not attend, which was incredibly painful for me. However, my wife's family is 100% on board and loves us unconditionally. They've truly accepted me as part of their family and I couldn't have done this without them. I've come so far since the first time I met their daughter and fell in love.
    The cliffnote version of this story is that... following 2 years of condemnation and my parents refusal to attend my wedding or even call or send a text message on my wedding day, my wife and I had a conversation and decided together that my relationship (or lack thereof) with my parents was harmful and unhealthy for me to continue. My parents don't know it yet, but I'm making the hard decision to relieve myself of the burden of trying to always be the better person in hopes that they will accept me and my wife as two women who love each other. It's hard and it's painful, but I understand why it needs to happen.
    There's much more to my story so feel free to ask. :slight_smile: See you guys around!

2. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow that was some luck!

Welcome.

3. Paul6089

Paul6089 Guest

Hello and Welcome to EC! Congratulations on your marriage and wedding!

4. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

5. DarkestDream

Congratulations on your wedding! :slight_smile: This is a very supportive site, with very nice people. Glad you could join us! :smilewave :welcome:

6. one and only

Hello, welcome to EC.:smilewave

7. Blossom85

Hi there and Welcome to EC,

Congratulations on your marriage and I am sorry to hear your parents aren't supportive and approve, I think what you mentioned is right, I think you need to just be able to start your life with your wife and not feel guilty or look back and as hard as it might be, I do think you need to take the negativity away from your life. I hope you are able to make peace with it all and just enjoy your life as a married couple and enjoy being here too.

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  9. Hexagon

Welcome to EC