1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First (semi)public post

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Curtis16, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Curtis16

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey everyone, I'm glad I found this forum. I've never posted or said anything publicly about my gender/sexuality till now. I was raised in a very fundamentalist Christian family and culture so I never allowed myself to explore sexuality or question my gender identity.
    My wife and I just had our first anniversary and we are very happy together. She is very supportive of my self-exploration and was even the instigator of it all. Or I mean that she accepts me so unconditionally that I finally felt safe enough to allow it to surface from my subconscious.
    I am a 23 yr old male and only in the past year have I realized that I am very self conscious of my body and even a little weirded out by it. I am attracted to women, but sometimes feel as if I should have breasts. When I was even 2 years old I was very careful not to let even my mom see me naked or even in my underwear or shirtless. So I don't really know what's going on inside me other than a desire to live an authentic life and be as true to myself as possible. I feel pressure from my culture and others expectations of me to be manly and not be overly expressive. I am afraid that if I am very expressive others will judge me and not be able to listen to what I have to say.
    Well, that's enough for now. I just have never been able to talk to anyone about this besides my wife who I love dearly. Thanks :slight_smile:

2. iiimee

Hey! I'm Chase, and I'm happy you found this site! Many people here figure out their sexualities later in life or after they're married. I am just one person, but feel free to talk to me and everyone else on EC for support and advice!

3. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to forum :slight_smile:

4. Curtis16

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the welcomes :slight_smile: I'm excited to find people who can relate. In my community anyone who isn't straight and Christian gets stares and glares.

5. Blossom85

Hi there and welcome to EC Curtis,

I think you will find this site really supportive and friendly, so I think you found the right place to be. I hope you enjoy being here and it's lovely to meet you.

6. iiimee

I'm a christian myself, so I understand the feelings of the others :/ Funny, being a gay christian.

7. Paul6089

Paul6089 Guest

Hi and welcome to EC!

8. Lerue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hi and welcome ^^ I'm new too, so if you'd like to talk i'm always up for conversation ^^

9. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC!

It sounds like gender is more what's on your mind than sexuality, am I right?

10. Curtis16

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks Blossom, iiimeee, Paul, Lerue, and Laut!

I would say I'm pretty much just new to it all in general. I am definitely Italy attracted to women, but have found myself analyzing men's style and haircuts more lately, but don't know what that means if anything. So I guess I am questioning gender more.

11. StephenB

StephenB Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome! One of my best friends just came out to me as trans. He's married, has a 3 year old child (with this wife), his wife knows, and occasionally allows him to dress as a woman, but in general he lives as a man. I don't understand everything about transgender, but I know there are many here that do :slight_smile: . You've found a great community!

Welcome!

12. Khusro aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey welcome to EC hope yuo enjoy here. Feel free to express your feelings here openly we all are here and we will support you whenever you're in need

13. Curtis16

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks again everyone. I can't tell you how good it feels to have a safe place. I'm so grateful for technology and the Internet so I can connect with all of you. I feel very vulnerable talking about this things.

14. lovely lesbian

15. lukeluvznicki13

Greetings & Welcome :thumbsup: :smilewave :welcome:

16. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

17. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people