1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello all!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Tanglewood, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Tanglewood

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello all!

My name is Tanglewood, and this is my welcome post. I have always struggled to express myself, and have been looking online for quite some time now for a community that might be able to offer me some support. I have been struggling with my sexuality for years, and feel now is the time I need to change for the better, or I will be lonely and bitter for the rest of my life.

I am 21, and a lesbian. I have been out for a couple of years now, and although I received mostly positive reactions, I still can’t seem to feel comfortable in my own skin. I am not a homophobe, but when it comes to looking at myself, I am disgusted that I am this way. I feel I have made everything so much harder for myself. I am angry with myself as if I chose to be this way, although I know there is nothing I could do to change it. It upsets me that I will never have a ‘traditional family’. I do feel like I have let down my parents. I have no close gay friends, and I really have no idea how to go about accepting who I am.

I am lonely, and I want to let people in. I have so much love in my heart, and no one to share it with. I have never let myself associate with other lesbians, as I am so uncomfortable in my own skin, and am deathly afraid of rejection. It has taken me 21 years to find the drive to create some self worth. Because of this, I have never had a real relationship. I was too disgusted in who I was to let that happen. There has been people which I could have pursued a relationship with, but I wouldn’t allow myself to. I wouldn’t even allow myself to form friendships. And now I fear other gay women won’t want me because I am so unexperienced. I don’t know how to talk to women. I don’t know how to be gay.

It is going to be long journey to improve my self image. And I really don’t want to find anyone until I am finished with the self healing process, but when I am there, I want to be a confident gay women. Which is why I am here. :help:

Apologies for the long post. I have no one in my life I can't vent to, so I am really hoping to find some support here (&&&)

#1 Tanglewood, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  2. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    (*hug*) i see my self as flubby too of course alot of people say im pretty and stuff if you want maybe i could help you with emotional support (is as clueless as you) i guess we have to be nice and snuggly together -purrs- :icon_redf

---------- Post added 7th Nov 2014 at 10:28 PM ----------

I never kissed or dated a girl in my life or even screwed one less you count that one time when i was 4 when my baby sitter told me to lick her boobs and vulva saying there was milk T_T and there was none true story

3. Khusro aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey Tanglewood welcome to EC

4. Blossom85

Hi there and welcome to EC,

I hope you enjoy being here, it's really supportive and friendly.

5. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello:smilewave

6. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people