1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused..

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by katethegreat, Nov 16, 2014.

1. katethegreat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi guys, I'm Kate. I'm honestly really nervous to be posting here but, something has to give. I need to meet other people like me! I've felt like I'm not "straight" for years now but I don't quite know what word would best describe my sexuality. A few years ago I came out to my parents as bisexual after about a year of hesitation, just to get a negative reaction. I almost instantly regretted it. Basically I tried to suppress my attraction to the same gender but now I am beginning to wonder if I'm even attracted to guys at all. My parents believe that when I came out it was just a phase now so I've basically gone back in the closet. It's really scary, wondering if I can ever be open about who I am. It's also really scary not even knowing myself who I am. I guess I'm just looking for people who can relate.

Ahh! Sorry for the long post, I just figured y'all should know why I'm here. Anyways, I'm just searching for people in similar situations and hoping to make some friends. Feel free to ask me anything, and thank you :icon_bigg

2. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile: I'm sure you'll find lots of people here who you can talk to and relate to (*hug*)

3. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello katethegreat I am so glad that you are here please don't be shy you are among friends now ! so sit back relax and have a cookie or two . lol

4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome Kate! :slight_smile: Sounds like you're going through the standard sexuality 'freak out' all of us here have been through! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Don't worry - this forum is full of lovely people who are here to support you.

5. welcome to the coolest place you will ever come across (most likely). I'm pretty new too, but if you ever wanna rant/vent/talk, im here:slight_smile: hope you find what you're looking for in this magical wonderland

6. ZebraStrong25

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome! Coming out is hard. I've identified as bi for several years now. Most people in my life accepted it (or predicted it) right away. My parents were the last to come around. But now, same as you, I wonder also if Im not actually a lesbian. I worry people will think I've "turned" gay because of my failed relationship with a guy. It sucks worrying about other peoples perception, doesnt it?

Hope you find some encouragement and peace here!

7. Blossom85

Hi there and welcome to EC,

I think this site will be wonderful for you, it is really supportive, friendly and just a safe place for you to ask questions, vent and just ask for any advice and support. We have all been there or still are there where you are, so we know how you feel and can help you overcome these feelings and emotions you are experiencing. I hope you enjoy being here.

8. zkdorko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello! Welcome to EC. I'm fairly new here as well and all I can say is that everyone here is here for you. Your situation sounds difficult, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm here if you ever need to talk!

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  10. Alexandra Lily

There's always some people who won't react well, but they'll have to accept it at some point, because it's who you are. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to, just let me know!

11. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

12. lovely lesbian

13. Paul6089

Paul6089 Guest

Hi and welcome to EC!

14. jagel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello!

I went through the 'bi' self-label when I came out at 18. I didn't date many guys after that, lol.

I think a lot of people may go through that, it's a way to sort of keep one foot in the 'normal' world. It's only half a paradigm shift. Plus, it's a way to keep the hope alive, so to speak, in people you don't want to disappoint.

By saying this, I'm not saying you or anyone else isn't bi, I'm just saying that I think it's pretty common for people to self-identify as such when they're not ready (or don't think their loved ones are) to come out as gay.

All the best.

15. P25

P25 Guest

Hi Kate,

You are who you are and love who you love. I don't believe that labels are needed. I am
    Married and def am bi. I have not really come out to anyone and I don't think I have to.
    Being in a long term partnership with a man is what I have chosen. I have also been deeply in love with a woman although we never dated. Be who you are. We don't chose who we fall in love with it happens. There is nothing to be ashamed of loving a woman or a man. It's the person inside. I am sorry it is hard for you and your parents have not been 100% accepting. Many people do not understand being able to love a woman and ask being able to love a man. It's because their concerned with their gender and anatomical equipment. They don't realize love has no boundaries or qualifications and that love is love. Good luck. There is a bunch of us ladies on here who are great support if you ever need anything or have any questions.
    Welcome!