1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello. A bit of self discovery

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by VaporCase, Nov 26, 2014.

1. VaporCase

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello everyone. I'm 26 and I'm just now discovering myself, and coming to terms with a part of myself I've denied for a long time. I have very bad anxiety and depression, just to name the basics that have made this journey a bit hard for me. I've been hurt badly by both men and women, but my history with men has been very abusive and unloving, if not scary.

I have known I was attracted to women since I was 14, but I had always dated men. Lately, after a very strange, apathetic, and abusive relationship with my male ex, I'm realizing more and more that I am just not comfortable around men romantically. Being hugged or kissed by a man creates a feeling of unease and nervousness in me, but when I am hugged or kissed by a woman I feel more at ease, and it feels lovely. I suppose this is why I'm here, to sort out my confusion and everything that has been eating me away inside. I'm a bit of a mess, but hopefully I can sort some of my deeper secrets out here.

Sorry for the long intro, I never know how to do these things. Either way, this is me. I hope to find good things here :slight_smile:

2. Kristina5

Well hello and welcome to EC.:smilewave You will find plenty of support and advice here. Hope you have a wonderful turkey day(&&&)

3. VaporCase

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you so much for the welcome :slight_smile: I hope you have a good turkey day too :grin:

4. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

5. DinelodiiGitli

Hi and welcome to EC, I hope like it here. The community is very friendly and helpful. :slight_smile:

6. VaporCase

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes, everyone is seeming very friendly so far. Thanks for the welcomes :slight_smile:

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people