1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Peter, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Peter

Never sure about these sites, but I decided to give it a try. I came out to my wife and to my son in August, currently not sure this was a clever thing to do as I feel very lonely and looking for support. I am not particularly into the gay scene - in fact, I have taken my marriage very seriously and remained faithful for the past 26 years! Now I have may have f*d it all up by admitting what I had managed to ignore for so many years.

2. biisme

welcome to EC!

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, welcome to EC! It's good to have you with us as a new member. Secondly, there are some people on EC that have gone through similar situations as you're going through so I'm sure they'd be support for you and give you some great advice. Hope to see you in the message boards!

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC! As Gerry mentioned, there are a few people on here who have gone through some of the things you have experienced. EC is a great support site. Welcome aboard.

5. Mickey

I applaud you on your decision. I came out as a teen,so I don't know
    what it's like to be married,have kids and then come out.
    I wish you all the luck & happiness that you seek.
    And...welcome to EC!

6. Derek the Wolf

Welcome to EC! You'll find a lot of people here (as mentioned above) who can help with what you're going trough. And even though a lot of us don't know what that exactly is like, we're still always here to listen.

7. Jonathan

:welcome: Welcome to EC!!! :welcome:

8. Nodnarb

Welcome to EC!

9. Noah

Welcome!

10. NuthinButLuv

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

11. Seanboy23

Well, I'm one of those guys! Married with children for almost 12 years; luckily for me, my marriage ended for reasons unrelated to my sexuality, but I am now out to all, including my sons.

Even though our situations are therefore slightly different, I think we probably have a lot more in common with regards to family and reactions to our coming out. If you ever want to talk or have questions, feel free to chat! Also, Jim1454 is a member here and has been through the same journey. Welcome, you're not alone!!

12. James

Welcome to EC.

13. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, welcome to EC! Like other people have said, you're most definitely not alone.

14. Peter

Thanks all of you for those messages of welcome. I was not expecting much of a response and have been overwhelmed.

15. pianomike

16. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    welcome to emptyclosets

i hope you enjoy ya time with us

17. McBenz

Hey welcome to EC. i'm new here in fact i just joined yesterday and i'm already making friends and getting so much support. it was very brave of you to come out to you wife and children! i hope this site can help with that. the Forum is a great place to explain a problem and wait for the replies to roll in. everyone is so helpful and nice because most of us going throught similar situations. other sites like this make you pay after a while and arent helpful. this one allows you to move up to a full member after you have settled in and proven yourself to actually use the site. i love it already and i'm sure you will to! so welcome!! :slight_smile:

18. Starshine16

I agree with McBenz.I have just reccently joined this site as well and I have received an outpouring of support from people would don't even know me in real life.It feels amazing to finally be in a place like this.I am impressed with your ability to come out to your wife and your child.That shows a lot of bravery on your part.

Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

19. touch me

touch me Guest

hi, welcom, i have been helped by the people here. i am divorced and have two daughters, but have not come out to them or their mother. I think they have questions but i am not as brave as you. I was married many years my girls are 14 and 17.

20. Jim1454

Hi there, and welcome to EC from Jim in Toronto!

I think questioning your decision is quite natural. But remember why you came out to begin with. Likely because you were miserable and were having trouble living with yourself. So while you feel better in that regard, you've stirred up a bunch of other stuff.

Remember that no matter what the reason was for coming out, it's now done, and you can't take it back. So don't agonize over why you did it or whether you should have... Spend your time figuring out how to make the best of this situation.

I had been married for 9 years and eventually came to the realization that I was gay too. I denied it to myself and to my wife for a while, but eventually it got the better of me. I expect it would have eventually got the better of you as well. My wife, while she was devastated at first, has become my biggest supporter. I've met someone who is in the same situation as me - and we're totally and completely in love. It's been a remarkable journey with a happy ending. So keep hope, and hang out here in EmptyClosets. It's a great site.

If you want to chat with me let me know. I know what you're going through to some extent. You're not alone.