1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi I'm new and in need of help

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Drwholocked, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Drwholocked

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello everyone! So my names Rebecca, and I'm a 16 year old female questioning my sexual identity. I just wanted to come here to a forum where I could feel safe and ask for advice and support, because I'm just very confused in general. I've tried to just king of do what feels right and not worry about labels, but I'm kind of having an identity crisis here.

So anyway, I think I may be bisexual. I'm just so confused because I always thought that "everyone is a little gay", which I now know to be ignorant and false. But I genuinely thought that every straight person felt the way I did towards their own gender, but I guess that isn't so. I prefer men, and if I were to place myself on the Kinsey scale, I would say I'm mostly straight. Mostly. But there's still this part of my that I've tried to repress and ignore. But I have to be honest with myself. I can't wish the gay away, and I know that now. But at the same time, I don't want to make things harder for myself by admitting that I'm bisexual.

My family for the most part, is a group of fundie Christians. They know that I've always been an LGBT ally, even before I thought I might be bisexual. I don't know how they'll react, but I know it won't be positively. I tried to tell my brother, who I trust deeply, but I just ended up breaking down in tears.

I Think I've been trying to repress my feelings because I'm terrified of how my family will react. At the same time, I'm still confused and unsure.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to know whether I'm bisexual? I know there's no "test" for it, but I'm just so confused, and I need some help.

Thank you for reading all of this.

2. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to the group . I know that this is confusing to you right now ,you are trying to figure out what you want and who you would like to be with and you want to come out at the same time . First sit down take a deep breath and try to relax ! Its going to be ok :slight_smile: You are correct that you do not need to worry about labels , and there is really no test to tell you if you are gay or not . You will just know and if you are straight ,bi,gay what ever it does not matter what matters is what make you happy. Now when to tell your family no body can tell you that you have to pick what you feel is the correct time and then come out to them whether it is one at a time or all at once it is up to you. I hope that you are able to slow down a little and try and relax it will be OK I promise you will make it threw this it just takes time and a little patients . I wish you all the best of luck . Please let us know what you decide to do and how it goes .

3. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

4. Blossom85

Hi there and welcome to EC,

Unfortunately, we often make things more complicated then they need to be.. Just ask yourself, are you sexually and or romantically attractive to both men and women? If you say yes, then usually the answer speaks for itself.. It is usually when we doubting ourselves or have struggles with how family and friends might take the news that we become confused and what to shove our heads in the sand and not deal with it. Just embrace who you are, and just for now, don't worry about attaching a label to yourself, just live in the now knowing you feel comfortable with being attracted to men and women and don't be ashamed of it. You don't need to blurt it out and say it to everyone right away, but accepting yourself is the first step to full acceptable and being comfortable with who you are as a person and know that it doesn't change who you are, it just makes you even better if you will for accepting new side of yourself.

5. lovely lesbian

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people