1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To those who can help me find myself in such dire times

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Celtic eyes, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Celtic eyes

Celtic eyes Guest

I am sure many people get this same request, but it feels different for each person.
    To put it in the most basic form; I was born male, but I feel like there is more to me than that. I feel that I have traits of both male and female, but I am neither one in full. I don't even know if I should invest time into this (I already am, I know) or just go on as a...............male............ Something does not feel right and I don't even know if there is something there at all at certain points in my life. My parents don't really believe me, but it is hard when I don't even know who I am.
    I like having feminine qualities and some masculine as well, but the masculine traits are disappearing by the day. Is this normal? Last month I had facial hair and now I want it gone! I don't like the way I look, I cry and I don't like me. I feel like I am insane and that it may just be fake, but if it is fake then why am I here? Why am I asking these questions? Why am I suffering, and why do I sense something different?

Please help me..... I have had a mental breakdown recently over this.........:tears:

2. Scootaloo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would suggest seeing a psychologist if at all possible, a psychologist could hopefully provide resources that will allow you to explore and realize your gender identity. If that is not possible, I would seek out nonbinary and transgender people in your community. If you are a student you should consider joining a GSA or its equilivanent, if your school does not provide that try to make friends with other queer people to help you explore your identity.

3. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Celtic eyes, I am so sorry that this is happening to you .I won't lie and tell you that I know what you are going threw because I have no idea . I do think that taking a deep breath and trying to relax will help. So have a seat and try to relax I am sure that someone here will understand and be able to give you some advice . I wish you all the best of luck

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. IWICCO

I would definitely advise seeing a pychologist. I can't necessarily relate, but I do know a few Transgender people. There is nothing wrong with you. Your true self is fighting to come out and you just may need some help getting. Please seek some local professional help and begin to heal your suffering. You are a child and creation of God. Don't forget that.

6. Hell2theno

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello :slight_smile: breath and relax, everything will sort itself out in the end!

7. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile: It's a pleasure to meet you! :welcome: :smilewave

I hope that whatever is happening works itself out. At least you can seek refuge in a place like this :grin:. We're happy to help you out. Firstly, I'd suggest that you find professional help, ie. a psychologist, therapist, something of the latter. You need to let out all of that negativity that you have towards yourself and you should feel comfortable about whatever gender you feel you belong to. There's no rigid rule book that states that you have to be one or the other.

I say that I'm male 80% of the time, female 20% of the time :lol:. That's me. There's no wrong answer here :slight_smile:

8. lovely lesbian

9. IWICCO

Celtic eyes, how are you doing? We are here for you!

10. chasteFeline

Heeeeeeello! Welcome to EC! I am no expert or anything when it comes to dealing with gender identity crises, but I will say one..okay more than one thing. Be strong, know that you are NOT alone, and, as cliche as it may seem, it will get better, I promise. (*hug*)

11. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Celtic eyes, I want to check in and see how you are doing ,I hope that you are feeling better and able to keep your chin up .