1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello There~

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by PossumJack, Dec 2, 2014.

1. PossumJack

Hello guys! I'm an 17 year old currently trying to juggle the tasks of applying to college, dealing with my parents' divorce, and figuring out who I really am all at the same time.

I'm born female, but have begun to consciously question my gender identity. I've always been brought up with the idea that I was a girl, and it was just kind of a label that I grew used to my whole life. However, I've always felt somewhat more masculine than other girls seemed to be and didn't interact well with peers of the same sex. Puberty eventually struck, and though I'm not uncomfortable with my body and never experienced dysmorphia, it always felt better to hide under baggy tshirts and the like. I've recently started to practice binding and it just feels more natural compared to, uh, putting them out for people to see. I've cut my hair and am beginning to have a much more androgynous look (to the point that people are getting confused about my sex), but I'm still questioning whether or not it's just a preferred gender expression instead of a gender identity for me.

I've also been completely confused over the past year about my orientation. I've always considered myself straight, but recently realized that I might be specifically attracted to masculine and androgynous gender expressions rather than the biological aspect of it, which also might tie in with my possible (and still questioning) asexuality. It's a confusing mess, and I'm still trying to figure a lot of things so...let's just leave it at "idek lol" for now.

I haven't really talked to anyone about this yet aside from my best friend, and I know neither of my parents would take well to the idea of having a child who might have the "possibility of being gay" (that would be their term for anyone not completely straight).

But that's enough about that. I like suits, cats, books, computers, and video games. I hope to have a great time here at the forums with you all!

2. Lady Boss

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi and welcome to EC *Hugs*

3. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

4. Hell2theno

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status: