1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Psaurus918, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Psaurus918

I just wanted to introduce myself with a brief history. I've always known that I was attracted to men but tried to ignore it by "dating" girls. I've had a few not so serious relationships with girls but was more interested in their friendship than dating but dated because it was the social norm. My last "relationship" ended pretty badly and I really miss her because she was a really good friend, I just wish instead of trying to force myself into dating her I should have just came out and maybe things would have been different.

Recently I started telling people I'm gay, starting with one of my old college buddies. He lives a few hours away but we talk on a daily bases and I knew he wouldn't have a problem with my sexual preference, which he didn't. Next person I told was another friend from college, I'm not close close friends with her but I know her best friend is gay and she would be easy to tell in person and again she was okay with it.

Now lastly. I really want to tell my best friend of 10 years. Over the years he's asked me if I'm gay and I always said no. One night he said "Come on dude just admit it everyone knows and they don't care" in which I just smiled. Thinking back I wish I would have just said "YES" and got it done and over with. You guys are probably thinking "just tell him" well it gets more complicated. I have a crush on him (which I guess is normal) and I'm pretty sure he knows this but at the same time he does a lot of strange things for a "straight" guy. We've held hands while driving, given each other foot massages, and even cuddled (mostly when we are drunk). I'm not sure if he too is gay and afraid to come out bi or just straight and curious. Last time we went out he was pretty drunk and said to me "I wish I was gay, I've had to turn down people I really like like you". He already has 2 gay friends and I don't think he would have a problem with me coming out but I don't want out friendship to change... I know there is not much people can say other than "do what you feel is right" but it bothers me daily.

Sorry for the rant I'm a veteran of forums so I know how annoying it can be asking for advice on the first post.

Oh, also I'm having a hard time finding a good place to meet gays. I'm not a "have sex on the first date" type and would love to know where I can meet someone as a friend/relationship!

2. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

3. ajsivy

welcome

4. Welcome child, to the utopia of your wildest dreams :wink: (sometimes)

5. DEMD

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Welcome :slight_smile:

I have a similar problem, apart from my friend knows I'm gay and I only met them recently but he says he is straight but the kisses me and stuff.

Anyway, If I were you I would tell him that you are gay, then depending on what he says and how he takes it, tell him you have a crush on him and he might do the same/

6. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello and welcome , it is do great that you are here with us !!!

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people