1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

out lesbian struggling with closeted "fiance"

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by grlundrthrainbo, Dec 4, 2014.

1. grlundrthrainbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    found this forum googling advice on dealing with some relationship issues. hope to get some support here.

2. Adam1969

Support eh, you got it sista!! :thumbsup:

I'm no pro but I know we learn here from others experiences. Rumor has it that if one person is out and the other is not its doomed to fail. I've not researched that its just the views I have gotten from more than a few friends. I respect the fact that gay people who are out might be sick of this type of situation and I worry about this kind of thing as I have always considered myself bi-sexual. As I get older though, I associate more an more as gay. If I were in a relationship with a man who is out and I am not, but I thought I loved him or knew that I easily could, I would want him to discuss all of his concerns with me in an open and caring way. I would be honest with him and say, "I F-n love you, but the world has thought I was straight/bi for nearly 5 decades. You are literally asking me to change that for you." blah, blah, blah... :sleep: Point is he'd have to be patient for some time at least.

Living in the Bay Area now though I can think of countless places that I would PDA with a guy. So maybe I'm more out than I think.

I only tell you this as I hope you consider that she might be even more scared or confused than you realize... I bet you knew that but I wanted to testify in order to increase understanding! My advice, talk, talk, talk honestly and openly! Rumor has it this is good to do in any and all marriages. Good luck!! :thumbsup:

#2 Adam1969, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  3. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    grlundrthrainbo, Thanks for join us :slight_smile: I am so happy that you are here and know that I am not the only one . May you have the most enjoyable time here !

4. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

5. grlundrthrainbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    in the beginning she has said she was "out" - but didn't flaunt it in front of her homophobic family. but have since found out ... more and more... how in the closet she is.her version of "out" is admitting to friends we are together and that she's gay. if they are gay friendly. if not, she tells them she's straight and I'm just some chic living with her. she sends her mom pics of male friends telling her they're dating. I get screamed at for embarrassing her by Facebook msging a friend of hers that wanted to adopt MY dog, to talk to him more about the dog, after she told me he knew who I was after I asked her THREE times.... because I said "hey this is j's fiance...."

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people