1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married... and Lost

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by HandyChic, Dec 9, 2014.

1. HandyChic

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey all - I need help. In the last few months, a lot has happened. Let's back up a little first. I've been married to a great guy for what will be 8 years in January. He's a coach, and this is the first year in many years he's been home and not away for half the year. In the time that he was gone last, I've been spending a lot of time with some new friends who just happen to be lesbian. I've never been able to relate more to a group of ladies than these girls. They're amazing and I feel like I can completely be myself around them.

I've been spending a lot of time with one friend in particular and I've fallen deeply in love with her. Yes, we've been intimate - and nothing has felt more normal. I had pretty much made up my mind - well, now I'm a lesbian. I've even told my husband - but I've also told him I'm going to therapy to make SURE. When faced with the reality of leaving him and the life I've known for 13 years, I'm scared to death. When faced with the reality of never living a life with this woman, I feel as though I would be settling for a ho-hum life full of compromises.

I'm going back and forth just within the last 24 hrs of being confident, back to being scared. It's getting to the point where just not being alive and not feeling anything would be easier than this. I have therapy on Friday, but I need to reach out to someone now. Please help.

2. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey HandyChic, welcome to EC!

Check out the LGBT Later in Life section, there are many of us like you, who are either going through this as well or have been there and done that.

Post often, we're here to support each other!

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. jay777

Sexual Orientation: