1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand New and Scared

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by FranceFanatic, Dec 20, 2014.

1. FranceFanatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone,

This is my very first outreach to the LGBT community and as to be expected I'm a little shy and embarrassed.

In the past half a year I've discovered my true sexuality and my immediate response was typical I imagine; fear, embarrassment, and denial. Realizing this was not a choice made it all the more difficult to personally accept, which I still have not done to this day. I've always supported this community but my first reaction was "it's different when it's me".

I am, however, trying to find ways to become ok with this and maybe confident someday. Through some online research it has come to my attention that handling this alone is unnecessarily stressful and the best thing to do is to reach out to others like me. We have an understanding which I've been struggling to share anywhere else.

If any of you could please help in terms of advice, personal stories, or support on how to get through this period of tough self-acceptance (or lack of in my case), that would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

:help:

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    #3 jay777, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  4. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:.

Please don't feel scared about coming here. There's nothing wrong with what you are. If you need more help with becoming more comfortable with your sexuality and identity, then feel free to post a new thread in the section "gender and sexual identity" in the Support Area :slight_smile:.

5. chemicalbond

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, FranceFanatic! I understand that it can be challenging, but it's not impossible to overcome. I'm sure the community here can give you a nice hand to hold when you need it. :slight_smile:

6. one and only

Hello welcome to EC!