1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, I'm kind of a dick

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by justwakingup, Dec 25, 2014.

1. justwakingup

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Kind of. I mean, I tend to look at things a little more logically and forget that the heart is an absolute nemesis at times. I don't do really dickish things: like call names or forget my manners. I don't pick on anyone nor do I beat a dead horse. I don't judge because I have been in very strange situations in my life and made the wrong choices more than once. But I'm on the other side of the hardest decision I thought I'd never have to make.

I'm here to read and understand everyone. I am absolutely fascinated in the subject, and in all of you. There are so many colours to this unique experience of having to hide something for so long, the circumstances we live with, and the processes of living openly.

So if I'm coming across a little robotically, please let me know. Understand that I approach at an angle of asking the hard questions that invariably we all end up asking ourselves.

#1 justwakingup, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  2. White Knight

Welcome to the EC.

Don't worry much, most of the guys here love dicks... (here's the bad joke of the day).

I was like you when I first started here... hardened by life and sterile of emotions while expressing my opinion on things. Just keep in mind some people came here as emotional wreck and very very sensitive. This is why I am still double checking what I am about to post.

Howevre most amazing thing, love those guys and show it... they love you back the same. This site feels like home when you get used to it.

Hope you enjoy your stay. (*hug*)

3. justwakingup

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the welcome. I think that I'm more on the side of not molly-coddling. You have made me realize that of course there must be folks who come here in a very emotional state. I promise I will adjust my tone based on the entire conversation overall.

Thank you for making that terrible joke, I was about to also in my original post :slight_smile:

4. Adam1969

Welcome abroad brother! My writing style varies between unintelligible and too direct so I don't think anyone here will be judging you on style, likely more content... so dont worry, let it out brugh!

Oh, yeah, lots of dicks here!

#4 Adam1969, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  5. soulcatcher

Will you be writing a thesis later?

6. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    welcome dude, it would be cool seeing your around and dont worry everybody is usually their own kind of dick lol

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. tulipinacup

Hey there! I'm sure you'll do just fine. I tend to be very critical of myself too but we're here to help and like what you said, understand each other. It's easy to hate yourself for doing things that you find "dickish" but also know that this is self-destructing. Welcome and Merry Christmas!

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey justwakingup, welcome to EC!

Catchy title...got our attention anyway! :slight_smile:

You pretty much know how not to behave "dickish", so no worries there. You came to the right place to discover the territory on this side of that bridge you just burned behind you.

It's true, the heart can be a pain sometimes, it really does have a mind of its own, but the heart is what makes life worth living, this is really important to remember.

We're here to guide you as well as to learn from you. I hope our conversations succeed in moving forward the changes that you have accepted.

10. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Dude, I'm exactly the same :slight_smile: haha welcome to E.C

11. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

And Merry Christmas! :grin: (!)

12. Gay Cody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay