1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey guys, thanks for having me.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by nellisansan, Dec 28, 2014.

1. nellisansan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi I'm just doing a little bit of exploring in forums on the web.
    I'm looking for discussions about religion as it relates to homosexuality.
    I've been to a couple of bible studies that don't necessarily refer to this subject in particular.
    But I'm currently attending a bible study that knows that I am Gay and most of these people don't seam to discriminate or judge and instead are friendly and eager to be friends. A couple of months later I met a guy in that same group who is Gay and is attending another bible study that is a LGBT welcoming Baptist Bible Study. So he invited me and I thought this would be a great deal where I would find members from the LGBT community that maybe are struggling with their identity and their faith. As it turned out it was a total mistake.

#1 nellisansan, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  2. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Hello! And welcome to EC :slight_smile:
    I hope that You enjoy your time here and that you are able to make those new friends you're looking for. I also hope that here you are able to share your past experiences, with this lovely community and its equay amazing members :slight_smile:
    Best of luck and if you need a friend don't hesitate to contact me :slight_smile:

3. Hello, I understand you...One of the most important things to remember is we were all born who we are for a reason...there's even differences in anatomical structures of gay people and straight people, like in their brains and lesbians have inner ear anatomy that is like that of mens' inner ear anatomy. So a person's sexuality is caused by biological factors. And in Jeremiah there's that verse: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you." My straight female friend, who I think identifies as Baptist, told me "Why would God make you gay and then send you to Hell for being gay?" And diversity makes sense and diversity is beautiful. I am Catholic, and a lesbian, and some Catholics are like a lot of Baptists, and other groups who've traditionally opposed same sex relations...the Catholic Archdiocese where I live is very homophobic...I suspect that's gonna cause a lot of LGBT Catholics not to be publicly out...and gays don't have to be celebate just cause some Christians think so...You're alright...just be who you are always live your truths, are you out to your family? I understand your concern if your family wouldn't be okay with it. We were all born with the seed of our sexuality...it's alright to be who you are...the things that make you who you are; you should never be ashamed of...people shouldn't have to pretend to be someone they're not.

4. Gay Cody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello, welcome!

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people