1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy New Year+

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by quebec, Jan 1, 2015.

1. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is just a Happy New Year and a huge "Thank you" to everyone on EC. Even if you didn't write to me (come one I'd sure like to hear from you!), just reading your posts and seeing that I'm not the only one facing these problems has made a huge difference in my life. Yesterday I found myself answering a very homophobic person's statement with a total different kind of response than what I would have said a week ago. I didn't give away my "Secret" gayness, I didn't agree with him (in the past I might have just to protect myself) but I did find a way to actually open a conversation that turned out pretty good. We ended up with: it's not possible for you to really know and understand how I feel and vice-vcersa. That we all have the right to make our own choices, especially when those choices don't hurt the person next to you! I thought it was a great accomplishment for me to actually take that stand in public...never, never, done that before and a plus for anyone who doesn't fit societies stereotypes.
    Wow, it's been a whole week, I feel like a new person several times over. Thank you again EC for providing the place to have these conversations!!!!

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really glad the forum has given you more confidence! :slight_smile: Have a great 2015.

3. Candace

Happy 2015 for you too, and I'm glad that this site has helped you out so much :slight_smile:

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. happyhamster144

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am starting to feel the benefit of being here too.