1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silly, stupid, foolish bi girl here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by SarahC, Jan 12, 2015.

1. SarahC

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello ^^,
    I'm 19 years old and I only just recently came out to myself as bisexual. That right there was the most difficult part, and I only just began to contemplate whether or not I was bisexual a year ago. What took me so long? Well my own foolishness and ignorance. I'm not a homophobic/biphobic person, but I foolishly let certain stereotypes get in the way of understanding myself. I thought that since I've had a boyfriend since I was 15 (still going strong even today), then it wouldn't matter if I was bisexual. I've only just realised that I'm drawn to some girls in the same way that I was drawn to guys without a boyfriend. I've told a couple of other people, and I find it ironic that coming out to other people has been easier than coming out to myself. Why am I here you ask? To learn more about myself and to make some new friends ^^. (&&&)

So I ask what are your first impressions of me? :icon_bigg I look forward to meeting some of you.

My hobbies: screenwriting, reading books, manga, light novels, graphic novels, as well as gaming.

2. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Welcome to EC! We're all excited to have you here. I hope you have a great time here and get to learn everything about yourself. (*hug*)

3. Vampire

Hello and welcome, Sarah!

In my opinion you were not silly, or stupid, or foolish, for that matter. Coming out is a very lengthy and difficult process for some and it takes up to several tens of years! I have heard plenty of stories of 40-50 y/os only now realising they were gay, bisexual or other sexual orientation. What's important is that you did come out to yourself and you have already taken the first steps into building a support system and I congratulate you for that.

I am certain that you will find the answers you're looking for on here and I hope to see you around!

4. SarahC

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you :slight_smile:
    ps, the signature is awesome

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2015 at 07:55 AM ----------

Thank you, I hope so too :slight_smile:

5. jAYMEGURL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sarah C.

My first impressions of you: you're a very intelligent young lady that is too confused within yourself to know whether you're bisexual or not. Give yourself room to breathe
    in, you're only nineteen yrs. old, and you still are with your boyfriend. This is a very good thing, keep up the good work.

Let a few years pass by, and if you still feel attracted to girls, then you'll know if you
    are bisexual or not. Good luck to you.

Jaymegurl

6. Intrinsicallyme

Hey there! I don't think you should put yourself down. Exploring your sexuality is a big task. It requires self-awareness and for you to be honest with yourself, and both of those are really difficult, mature concepts. Good luck with your journey. It's nice to meet you.

7. unloved

unloved Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi it is nice to meet you . I hope that you find the help and support you are looking for

8. lovely lesbian

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people