1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by andytea, Jan 12, 2015.

1. andytea

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi there,
    My name is Andy, I'm 21 and I've lurked this site for a while. Finally decided to join. I'm looking forward to our future discussions and making some friends along the way.
    A little about me: I came out to my parents as gay when I was 16. They are religious and told me that I could pray it away. I used to believe this was true, and feared god killing me one day. Last year I couldn't handle living two lives and felt extreme fear and depression, so I spent 6 weeks in the hospital battling my depression and anxiety. My parents have told me that they won't support me, and that if I were to date another guy they completely cut me off. I try to look on the bright side and remain happy but at times I wonder how it will get better, and find it impossible to live a free life.
    Thanks for reading!
    Hopefully I'll get to know some of you better too.

:slight_smile:

2. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Welcome! I'm sorry about your parents. You're sure to find friends and support on here:slight_smile:

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Andy...I'm always angered by parents that will put any belief before the love of their children. But then, they are people too and make as many errors as the rest of us. They are your parents, they brought you into this world, continue to love and care for them in the hope that one day they will remember their love for you, their son. In the mean time, be strong, find friends here on EC and be true to yourself.

4. unloved

unloved Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    As I read this I am really bothered about your parents acting like that ,I know that everyone has there own way of doing things and there own beliefs I am not say that they are wrong and I am not say that they are right . But I think that they need to step back and take a look at the bigger picture here and that is you and your happiness. It is like they are giving you an ultimatum by saying live here and be straight and we will support you ,or choose to be with a man and get out and support your self. I am so sorry that they are doing this to you . I really can not tell you what to do I can only say what I would do if it was me . Knowing that they are this way I would have to say tuff I am going to be happy and I would really love you to be in my life ! But I understand if you do not want to be involved with me being a homosexual !!

5. Psaurus918

Welcome Andy!

6. lovely lesbian

7. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

8. Vampire

Hello and welcome, Andy! I'm Andy! Nice to meet you! :grin:

I am deeply sorry to hear those things about your parents, but I guess not much can be done. What you can do is make them a negative model and when/if you will have children, you'll know how not to act.

9. andytea

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the welcoming comments! :grin:

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  11. ANewDawn

Welcome Andy. Having only come out to my parents yesterday I know how bad not having their support sucks :frowning2: this may be hard to believe but your parents (and mine) will adjust over time and their love for you will overrule any other stipulations they may have. And if they don't, high school doesn't last forever. You'll be free to move out and live your life however you'd like. Good luck!