1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Everybody

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by fng, Jan 13, 2015.

1. fng

fng

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello,

I would usually be really out there with my name and all of my personal stuff but I'm gonna keep that to myself for now. I'm in the Army as a Cavalry Scout and it is still pretty stiff there. I'm sure most people would be fine with me being bisexual here but I know of a couple people who wouldn't really be comfortable with me around just because I'm bi. Even though I wanna change that, I'm still new to the Army, and newly admitted to myself that I'm bisexual. I wanna settle into it a little bit before I add new variables. That is why I came here!

I realized I was bisexual about a year ago. I don't like getting into details of that either for personal reasons, but I had been covering it up with masculinity for a long time, and it was taking a toll on me as a person. I've had a hard time coming to terms with it myself because I always resented homosexuality in myself and others. It was a big change for me once I admitted it to myself, and I feel so much better. I finally let go of all my anger and resentment and simply let myself be myself.

I am not out at all except for a few friends. I only have one gay friend who has helped me much, but I was seeking a little more of a community to be involved in so I came to this site. If anybody has any advice, questions, or interesting discussion for a newly realized bisexual male in the military who is 21, just let me know. I'm happy to talk to anybody about anything. Lots of love guys, thank you for this opportunity to open up publicly while retaining my privacy from those who might try to make things harder for me!

2. Rainbows~Exist

Welcome to EC!

3. fng

fng

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Why thank you! pretty stoked to see whats up.

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome! Just remember sexuality is completely orthogonal to your job/career/"lifestyle" choices. It is a biological reality, and it's good you're learning more about it. I don't know any gay military people in real life, but I have a close friend who I think is still dating an Army guy. He seems to be someone special and maybe a good contrast to my friend who is very shy and quiet.