1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Giovannie, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Giovannie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello, I am Giovannie but that is not really my name. Its the name of my favorite character on a Wattpad story. I am new to this and I recently came out to everyone excluding my parents, uncles and aunts. They all think being gay is a disease and I quote "a demented demonic spirit". Waiting till I graduate from college before I tell them but up to now life as been awesome. I have an awesome sister who supports me as well as wonderful friends and cousins :smilewave.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Giovannie! Welcome to EC!

Sorry about their closed minds, but it is wonderful that you have such a great sister! :slight_smile:

3. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Re: Hello

Nice to see you :smilewave

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome! Your name reminds me of the leader of Team Rocket, lol.

5. lovely lesbian

6. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Welcome friend! :grin:

7. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and welcome Giovannie....Sorry about those that don't accept you. Sometimes it's just because they have secret concerns about their own orientation. It's easier to just push it all away that to deal with it. Hang in there, life has it's downs, but there will be ups too! Welcome, welcome, welcome to EC!!!

8. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Hey welcome to EC:slight_smile:

9. Candace

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  11. Giovannie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you all for your replies. So heartwarming. Sorry I replied this late but school has been drowning my life even though its still the third week after resumption :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 23rd Jan 2015 at 08:20 PM ----------

Thank you David. Yeah I know, I just ignore all the comments if any was made. So far all my friends have been so accepting and I have become so open with myself over the past week.
    Truth is that Homophobes are just really scared of what we can achieve, that we are much stronger than them; hence making them want us to feel worthless.

12. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wlecome again Giovannie, EC is a great place to talk out problems and just find others to share with. I had another thought to share with you. I wouldn't count on your parents not finding out. Somehow a thing like this tends to find it's way to where you don't want it. May I suggest that you have the "Speech" ready, so that if you find you have to use it on the spur of the moment you are not scrambling for words. Sorry about those that you know won't accept you, there are those no matter where or who you are , even if you come out as a Republican (American joke) Hang in there.....David

13. Giovannie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hahahaha. Thanks David!! I do have the feeling that I would have to come out to them before I am ready. Two of my aunts found out already without me saying anything and they understand the situation because they are social workers and work a lot with LGBT community. From what I found out from my cousins, they said they pitied me because they know how religious my family is (both aunts are married to my father's brothers).
    Now that I think of it, these two aunts don't come to family events that much, I just find this interesting.
    Lately, my mom has been telling how much she loves me and all. Same as my Dad but I am 90% sure it has nothing to do with the fact that they may know I am gay. I am what you would call a momma's boy and the good child. 18 yrs already in my second year in a great business school in Canada; hence making them proud of my achievement. I will be sure to have a speech ready in case they find out and hope they don't cast me out. Thanks for your advice :grin:. I really appreciate it.

14. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Giovannie, welcome to EC!

Well, you're an adult now, your life is now your own. Both you and your parents will have a little growing up to do when you find the courage to tell them. Take your time, finish school and build your network of support, things are going to get very interesting I'm sure.

In the meantime post often and seek advice, we're here to help!

15. Giovannie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for your kind words greatwhale :slight_smile:. I don't know if I am a sadist for thinking of their reactions when I come out to them and them not accepting me, which leads me giving them a thorough lecture on what it means to losing me then walking out without turning back or giving a second thought, lol.

16. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Hello

Best not to worry too much about it. Worrying solves nothing but it does have a tendency to keep you from enjoying yourself while you worry. Better to think of ways and means to tell them without too much collateral damage. You'll get plenty of support here!