1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

...Hey

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Statua, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Statua

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Finding this place was like seeing someone's silhouette at the edge of a dark chasm I've been stuck at the bottom of. Sounds corny for someone claiming to be an author, but here I am in my 20s thinking, I'm way too old to just now start discovering this about myself. All of the clubs were in college. All of the groups, all of the support...that's where it was made for me, but I showed up too late. Lo and behold, I stumble across this place. This welcoming, open, sincerely-wanting-to-help place full of people going through similar things to what I'm going through. (&&&)

Long and short of it is, well. Gosh, I don't even know how to introduce myself on a forum. :bang: I'm listening to pieces from the RENT soundtrack on repeat, trying not to cry or think about what my family would say about me being here. Don't forget about trying to balance my own identity and the religion I belong to, or telling my friends in that religion. I mean heck, I can't even tell my mom about my PTSD, nonetheless that I'm genderfluid, or that I'm pretty sure I'm lesbian.

I want to be here for other people, and I want to receive help in return. I want to be a shoulder to cry on and a crash pad for venting and rants and all the craziness that comes with life. And I can rest in the knowledge that I finally have people to talk to who won't judge me before I even get a sentence out.

And despite much desire to edit this post or just outright delete it, I'm here, and I'm here to stay. And after about an hour of staring at this half-finished post, I'm satisfied with the amount of emoticons in it. Hey everyone. :smilewave

2. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Hi Statua! Welcome to EC:slight_smile:

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Its good to see you Statua. (!!)

5. emri

Welcome from a fellow newbie to the site, as well as a fellow writer and RENT addict. I dunno, though, you maybe could have used a few more emoticons. :icon_wink

6. Statua

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's all about balance, emri. I considered it, though. Just stacking them in there to punctuate my sentences. Merci beaucoup! It's good to feel welcomed somewhere, for once. Also isn't it around 2:30 in the morning there? Go to sleep, silly!

7. lovely lesbian