1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by emri, Jan 17, 2015.

1. emri

So, uhm, I'm kinda bad at introductions and talking about myself, but I'll give it a try. And yeah, I just started this sentence about ten times and deleted it because writing about this to anyone but my sister/best friend is difficult. Anyway, here it goes...

I'm 26 and I just started to really accept the idea that I'm queer after my sister started asking me why all the stories I write (I'm a YA writer currently in the process of trying to find an agent) are about gay and lesbian teens. I prefer the word "queer" but "bi" and "pan" also work for me, as long as the definition means "attracted to multiple genders." Going by the Kinsey scale I range from 2 to 4, recently I feel like I'm toward the high end of 4.

The gender thing, though. That's something I'm dealing with. I'm not sure I ever felt completely male, but I'm sure I'm not female. I think I like the androgyne label for now. The idea of being androgynous feels right, at least more right than being male. I'm still trying to figure it all out, though.

For a little more about me aside from that, I'm a nerd who can't find a way to divide their (any pronouns work for me, by the way) time between writing, reading, and playing video games. I can spend a month speeding through a first draft of a manuscript, but then spend the entire next month playing Dragon Age during every space minute, and I've been known to drop everything else I'm doing the moment I get my hands on a new A.S. King novel. I feel like I might be rambling, so I'll stop myself now.

2. newby1991

Welcome to EC. I was same as you just yesterday in terms of writing about my problems for this entire community to see.

I think it was like 10 drafts drafts and 5 hours later I finally built up the courage to post what I wanted to say.

But it feels good doesn't it? I felt that it relieved some of the pressure that I was/am dealing with.

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. emri

Yeah, it does feel pretty good to get it out there. I skirt around the topic so much it's nice to just be direct about everything. Especially after spending a lot of time today thinking about what to say.

5. Statua

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I also stared at the post button and edited my post like crazy for a while. Then I was hovering over the post button and accidentally pressed down on the trackpad. C'est la vie. And yeah, it's like a huge weight is off your chest, eh? As a fellow writer/Dragon Age addict, hello, and welcome to EC! =)

6. newby1991

Yeah, for me being here for just over 24 hours it is comforting. I don't know who you are "emri" or "statua", what your names are and what you are even like.

But I can still relate to you both. I am honored and glad to 'virtually' meet you.

7. Statua

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm new too, mate, and the feeling's mutual.

8. emri

Thanks, it's great to meet you too, newly and Statua. It's comfortable here without even leaving the welcome forum much so far. I have a pretty good feeling about my decision to join.

9. Statua

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yay! I'm so glad that you have a good feeling about it. Thanks to you two, and a few others on the welcome forum, I do as well. Definitely a confidence booster.

10. lovely lesbian