1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie here. Hi!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Whisper, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Whisper

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, everyone! I'm a girl in my early 20s, and mostly likely bisexual. (I have another thread on that subject in another area of the forum, so here I'll leave it at that).
    I've been kind of rejected by some gay people for being "half straight" (even though that's not how I work anyway) but from what I've seen you all seem really supportive of everyone in the LGBTQ+ category and I've been really happy and relieved about that. :slight_smile:

I've come out to my mom, maternal grandmother, and a few friends. I really couldn't have asked for my mom to be any cooler. She just told me the only thing she wants in whoever I'm in a relationship with is that they, male or female, treat me well and that I'm happy. She didn't do any of the grieving things, no crying, no shock, no pondering, just total and utter acceptance and love. <3
    I have not come out to my dad's side of the family at all. It's largely devout Catholic with a Mormon aunt and cousins. It devastated my grandma when her son married a non-Catholic woman, so that says something right there about how things are dealt with. My dad is also a racist homophobe, frankly. I won't hide from him forever, but for now I'm letting it all rest. I'm also not going to tell my grandma. She's very old, has lost her husband of almost 60 years, has been on oxygen, and to be completely honest I don't want to devastate her and have her pass away before we can possibly repair our relationship. She is my one special condition where it's just okay that she doesn't know about me. My other grandmother is cool enough to make up for it anyway. :wink:

I love films, especially classics (1930s-1950s), music (a bit of everything), drawing, writing, reading, anime, etc. I'm addicted to the internet, Mountain Dew, and frappuccinos, and I live and breathe everything vintage.

You all seem great. I look forward to participating more here. :slight_smile:

2. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile: :smilewave:

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome, m'lady! :grin:

4. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Its nice to meet you....got all kinds of characters in your family...hopefully you can chill here in EC and make friends and find advice..

5. CrazyAwkward

Welcome to EC :smilewave

6. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Hello there~ & Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

7. lovely lesbian

8. Whisper

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the welcome! :grin: I really appreciate it.

9. BookWriter1994

Hi! Nice meeting you and welcome to EC! I am also a Bisexual who just realized it a couple days ago with 4 months of questioning! I hope that you will like it here! And let me know if you need any advice! :slight_smile:

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people