1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Alex66, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Alex66

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone!

I've never really been on these kind of websites. I'm very insecure when it comes to whether signing up to these kind of things or not; the idea of someone from my community finding out I have an account here is frightening!

However, I've gone through some tough times recently, mainly due to the country I live in, in which I can't really talk with people about these kind of stuff.

I'm "escaping" from the heterocentric and sexist desert I live in, if you will. I need to communicate with people like me who can understand.

I'm sure It will be different here, and I'm glad I found EC. Looking forward to sharing a lot of things with everyone here!

To be honest, I'm still scared, but I guess that's normal.

2. GreyArchery

Welcome! I've yet to meet an unfriendly person here on EC. Everyone is super supportive and willing to help out or just be a friendly ear when you need to vent. (&&&)

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Alex....As I read the first posts that people make here on EC I find that they are amazing similar. A lot of hurt, loneliness and fear that posting here will lead to being found out and exposed. First as far as I can tell EC is very secure and you don't have to worry about being exposed. As far as the hurt and loneliness go, we've all been there...lean on us for a while, let us absorb some of those pains, talk to us and we will talk back, share with you and help you not only understand where you are, but maybe help you figure out where you're headed. In the process, you may very well help some of us!! What a cool thing, to be able to help each other. That's just one of the reasons that I like EC! Welcome!

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello! There are actually quite a few South African members here, so don't lose heart! Just even reading other people's experiences helped me so much. I joined in 2013, and I started coming out roughly one year later. :slight_smile:

5. Vampire

Hello and welcome, Alex! There is no need to be frightened. The chances of someone from your community actually having an account on here and recognizing yours are close to, if not zero.

I hope you'll find the answers and support you're looking for and if you need someone to talk to, I'm just a message away!

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. darth vader

Hi Alex. No need to be paranoid. But please be careful on sharing too much details about yourself. Take it one step at a time. Welcome. :slight_smile:

8. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome. You've taken a new, brave new step. Freedom has no bounds.