1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by rainbowflags, Jan 19, 2015.

1. rainbowflags

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here and I just want to say say how amazing it has been. I've known for a long time I was lesbian, but actually ACCEPTING it was a whole other ball game. As a girl raised in pretty much the middle of no where there were 4 other girls in my class, 2 of which didn't get along with me. I attempted to come out to my best friend, but was meet with " how can you know you're gay if you've never kissed a girl?" :bang: I dropped the issue and tried my hardest to tell myself it was just a phase, but I couldn't. I later moved to Dublin, where I started secondary school and met lots of new people. (My schools an all girls by the way, just to make it a tad bit more difficult) anyway, todayI tried to come out again, this time to my best friend and a not as close friend. I was actually surprised to find my best friend didn't believe me and my not so close friend said she understood. It was only then I realised how to answer my primary school friends question... How does she know she like guys if she's never kissed one? Such a stupid question, but it stopped me from coming out for nearly 2 years
    My best friend has talked to me since and she's okay with it all now. I think my parents have found out too as well so I guess I'll be fully out soon :icon_bigg I hope that you all find the strenght to be who you are, and don't let other people make you doubt yourself (*hug*):smilewave

2. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Hey welcome to EC, I'm here if you need anyone to talk to:slight_smile:

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello~! ^.^

4. JayWalker

JayWalker Guest

Hey there! There's a lot of cool people on here, and we're here if you need to talk to us!

5. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey there! Welcome aboard :grin: Glad to hear your friend is being more accepting of you now. Hope all goes well with your parents, and if you need any help, feel free to come and talk to us, there's a whole lot of great people on this site :3

6. Candace

I'm glad to hear that your friends came around and are really supportive of you. I'm even more glad to know that you're comfortable in your own skin and you accept yourself!! :slight_smile:

Welcome to EC :slight_smile: Cheers from the States :smilewave :welcome:

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello and welcome :slight_smile: